Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

700 wins ATV of the YEar

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2002, 04:57 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My Local Yamaha/CANNONDALE dealer stopped selling Cannondales because of all the problems they had!!!!!

Old 01-22-2002, 07:01 PM
Pro Rider

Cannondale motor problems? Sorry to say guys, but in reality, the Cannondale have been out BARELY long enough for the recommended break-in. ProXScrambler, the Cannondales are no exception to the maintenece rule. If you dont take care of it, it wont take care of you. You should probably check into the owners of the 3 Cannons. They put "Break-In" oil into the quad, which you are supposed to change after the first hour of use. If the owners didn't change that oil, yes, it would lead to engine failure.

Also ProXScrambler, I would rather have my motor sent back to the factory than some long haired hippy at the local shop do it. Another reason C-Dale wont let your local shop do it is because that their motors are such hi-tech, a non-Cannondale certified technician is not qualified to work on them, and would more than likely screw something up, leading to more problems down the road.

With that said, I agree with TRXter. Cannondale should be the MANUFACTUER of the year, and the Moto440 should be the quad picked. I know you guys aren't really into "sport" quads, but, if you've had your head in a hole, none of the other manufactuers have offered a quad you can drive direcly off the show room, onto a GNC course, and be qualified to win. One has, and they're from the good ole USA.

Good day.

Old 01-22-2002, 09:01 PM
Pro Rider

Not to start a flame war, but I also don't agree that the SP700 should be given title to SP700. Besides a bigger engine, a new shifter pattern, and ignition, what features does it have that the 500 H.O. didn't, the 700 was just an update so it wouldn't be out-scaled by the big 4.

IMHO I believe that canonndale should win ATV of the year, just for being the only company to make a REAL, full-on sport quad that isn't some outdated dirtbike engine that they severely detuned and popped into an ATV chassis. As for the unrealiability, It's not really a big problem. I swear, that if some people would ride MX dirtbikes instead of a quad, it'd be a shocking experience. I commonly hear people complaining about mixing gas/oil on two-stroke quads. It's a simple fact: High Performance=High Maintaince. The yz426 owners manual suggests a re-ring every 4 races, and the valves adjusted every race. Most ATV'ers buy a fourstroke and don't even think of a new piston in over two years, let alone in 3 races. Yes, I'll admit that the early (read:FX400) Cannondale's did have some problem's, but I'd like someone to tell me of a first year sport quad that did not have any problems, as I can't think of any at all. Additionally, I respect cannondale for having the goodwill to fix all of the early run quads with problems, unlike some other companies that I can think of. I'm getting pretty tired of cannondale not getting any respect from the majority of the market. People with this attitude will be the ones who cause ultimate demise of this great company, not the product having a few defects. Cannondale is the only manufacturer with enough gut's to do anything close to sponser a race team, and provide for the racers in this sport. Cannondale is the only company who doesn't take it's profits from ATV sales and spend them to sponser a fleet of factory sponsered Dirtbike riders, who recive INSANE salery's for doing something most ATV racers (even pro's) have to do on the side because of a lack of factory sponsership. If Cannondale goes under, it will truely be a sad day for ATV racers.

I second LoneStarBanshee when he say's Cannondale should be manufacturer of the year, whether it's the Cannibal, Speed, Blaze, or Moto440.

Old 01-22-2002, 09:06 PM
Pro Rider

I really like the looks of the Cannondales, and I'd love to ride one. Too bad they don't sell em round me any more. I agree that they are great quads, they have many features that others don't.

Old 01-22-2002, 11:47 PM
Range Rover

250rampage your showing your ignorance now........I dont mean to flame, but you need you find out what the differences are between the 700 and the 500 before you go giving your opinion. I have a 700 and I have owned a 500 and believe me there is more differences that the obvious you just mentioned..........These are two different quads with similar attributes. If you had owned both, I believe you could make an honest evaluation, or if you do a little research, but that wouldnt tell the whole story. Fact is you need to have ridden them both to understand. The guys that have or do own both can tell you what I say is true........The 700 is simply not an updated 500 HO...............period...........

Old 01-22-2002, 11:50 PM
Range Rover

Now as far as the cannondale goes, I cant tell you much, only what I have seen. I have seen them kick some butt in the sand dunes against bigger machines......pretty impressive. I cant comment on their reliability or handling or anything else because I have never ridden one. But, If I ever do ride one I will give my opinion of what I think.

Old 01-23-2002, 04:39 PM
Pro Rider

I was initially just going to my opinion, but i guess I kinda went off on a rant. My post was much more pro-cannondale, and hardly anypart about me being against the SP700. I just feel that the cannondale is MUCH more inovated than the SP700.

Old 01-23-2002, 07:57 PM
Range Rover

I too feel the cannondale performs very well. I would like to ride one and see how well in handles..........

Old 01-23-2002, 09:11 PM
Pro Rider

More proof that the Sportsman is the industry leader in yawns per miute? How 'bout the fact that since the name Cannondale came up there's been virtually no mention of the mighty 700. And this is a Polaris forum!! The PS700 is to fun, what a derringer is to hunting weapons.

Old 01-24-2002, 12:18 AM
Range Rover

Oh God, another Democrat with a quad!!

Quick Reply: 700 wins ATV of the YEar