700 wins ATV of the YEar

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2002, 12:16 AM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Old 01-20-2002, 12:38 AM
Pro Rider

I am glad that someone is finally recognizing that Polaris is one of the highest innovators out there. And that if Polaris hadn't been around, we might have to ride hondas [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] and that wouldn't be good. Drum brakes would be horrible, crappy suspension like an lt 80, and power like a 5 hp go cart motor.
I know i'm gonna get trashed for that one
but go ahead, it's just some FRIENDLY bashing.
Anyway, i'm glad they didn't go one about one small thing that they may not be happy with on a Polaris and make it into something huge, but give Polaris credit for what they have brought to the industry.

Old 01-20-2002, 01:07 AM
Pro Rider

The sportsman 700 is an excellent machine, but I still like the 650 V-twin because of how light it is an its speed.

Old 01-20-2002, 04:45 AM
Pro Rider

ATV of the Year??? Maybe according to ATV News, but certainly not according to Dirtwheels or ATV 4 Wheel Action! Didn't one magazine pick the Suzuki Vinson as the best 4x4 quad of all---even better than the big bores? I still haven't figured that one out. Buy the magazine that likes your quad the best. There is bound to be one.

Old 01-20-2002, 11:33 AM
Pro Rider

jscyoung,

Dirtwheels and 4 Wheel ATV Action are driven by advertizing dollars. Anyone can see that. I mostly read and subscribe to them for the laughs. Mostly about how they "test" their machines throughly, yet give you misleading information and specs about last years models on this year's test. Granted, Polaris is far from perfect, but these "testers" have never ridden a Japanese machine they didn't like. Especially ones who advertize in their rag.

Personally, I'm sick and tired of Blaster/Warrior/Banshee/Mojave/300EX tests year in and year out. For crying out loud, these machines haven't changed from their inception! What could you possibly tell us about a 14 year old machine that is the same as when it first came out? Get with it people!

One of my favorites was when they said a Polaris Trailblazer bogged down on a hill. I have a Trailblazer and believe me, it will dig holes in the side of a hill before it bogs down. Not to mention that I am probably twice the man that these test riders are (Hi Torque test riders-125 lbs. vs Me @ 250 lbs.)[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] and it still won't bog for me. Gee, could you guys get your facts straight before you publish your B.S.?

For the Honda owners out there, don't worry, the 650 Rincon will be the best thing ever on four wheels next year. It'll probably rival the much vaunted/hyped 250R and win the greatest ATV ever designed award.

Old 01-21-2002, 02:31 AM
Pro Rider

It's slow, it's ugly, it's about as exiting as a Torro riding mower. Cannondale comes out with a high tech EFIed, aluminum framed rocket and they pick this turd? Who's their pick for sexyest woman in America, Rossie O'Donnel?

Old 01-21-2002, 02:49 AM
Pro Rider

Isn't this the mag that failed the Prairie 650 on the brake test? They stated that the brakes worked too good. ??????

Old 01-21-2002, 11:59 AM
MNT
Pro Rider

It's a real ATV of the Year from a real user ATV Magazine. Not like some of the phony picks of other mags; and on this site as well. Actually, just came in to check this site again and find it as boring as before.

Old 01-21-2002, 11:13 PM
Trailblazer

Trxter, ya, the Cannondale could be one heck of a machine, if they didn't keep losing their motors!! What a joke. I was talking to the dealer here trying to get info on them, thinking about buying a new quad, and two of the three Cannon's that they sold are broke. One blew the motor, and the other is making nasty noises. Now sure, maybe these were just a couple out of hundreds, but the company will NOT let a dealer or mechanic work on them. They had to pull the motor and send it back to the company! So you go from just waiting for a part or two for maybe a week of wait, to over a month b4 you get your quad back. I'm thinking my $7-8000 could be better spent!

Old 01-22-2002, 12:12 PM
Weekend Warrior

there is a huge difference between the two. the prarie rocks as a sport utilitie but the 700 is way better at the utilitie part

explorer 400
explorer 250
sport 400
magnum 425

Quick Reply: 700 wins ATV of the YEar