Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

side swindler

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2002, 06:16 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

do not purchase any side winder products or you'll get boned like i did 300.00 for sprockets, chain lube and extra link the man told me it would last three times the factory parts bought in dec 01 now april 02 front sprocket thrashed in one month chain shot in three months cleaned and lubed it every ride. also kept proper tension on it my factory sprocket and chain lasted about 7 months lonnger than side swindler chain and sprockets called side swindler told the man about the year warranty he told me n one of there products carry a warranty and it was the type of riding i do bulls#@t i ride once aweek he did tell me he be glad to sell me anthor set i told him i'll be calling the better business bureau for false advertising

Old 04-23-2002, 07:21 PM
Pro Rider

Search the archives here, you'll find plenty of other stories like that.

Old 04-24-2002, 09:43 AM
Pro Rider

What we need to do is put a petition together..........My story is almost identical to yours. My stock setup lasted about a year, with plenty of use left on the sprockets. The only problem is that the stock chain lost some o-rings. I, like plenty of you, prefer to go with the best, regardless of whether or not it costs alot. John was my salesman, and he said that although he couldn't guarantee it, that their sprockets and chain typically lasted 3-4 times longer than stock. My front sprocket wore quickly, broke off a tooth, and trashed the chain. The rear sprocket is the only one that looked to be in good condition (this was after 6 months of riding). When I called John back, his only offer was to sell me another set at cost. He then commented that the polaris machines were really hard on chains. I think that's bullcrap, and we need to rally together and do something about it.

Waylan

Old 04-25-2002, 07:56 AM
Weekend Warrior

Waylan,
you allready heard my story earlier.This John guy at SideWinder is the bigeest LIAR in the world.He BRAGS about how great his products are vs the rest and than when his POS parts faulter,he wants to make it right with you by selling his junk again at costs.I bought 300 dollars worth of his BEST chain/sprockets combo,they did not last 6 months.

STAY AWAY FROM SIDEWINDER!

Bill