Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Why buy American

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2006, 03:47 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Why buy American

Just a little something I observed a while back, and blew me away. My father worked most of his life at a chrysler plant. The employee parking lot had a sign saying only only American vehicles could be parked in it, and all others had to park down the road and walk a block to work! Now, this is pretty good, considering half of chryslers cars have mitsubishi engines in them!!! The Stealth was just a re-badged 3000GT! Anyway, I'm an average American who finds it hard to maintain the bad but fun habbit I have ( ATV's ) That said and considered, I purchase what proves itself to be more worth the money. If that happens to be an American product, then that's what I will buy. Moreover, if an American product proves to be junk, why in the hell should I waste my hard earned money on it?...To make YOU happy?! Well, I'll do that just about the time YOU start paying my mortgage and utilities. Furthermore, I find it real hard to be financially patriotic when our own elected president and government sells OUR butts and backyards to other countries. I will say, the fantasy of Americans buying American is a noble one, and if it worked and was consistant that would be fine, but when Americas core-industries such as the automotive and computer industries preach to us to not do something they are the most guilty of, as well as our own government...bite me! If it's good for me...IT"S GOOD FOR YOU!!! Elect another sagebrush George Bush, and we may find ourselves making our mortgage payments to someone in China or Russia!...Rant-off

Old 03-02-2006, 01:40 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Default Why buy American

Originally posted by: Carbonfist
Just a little something I observed a while back, and blew me away. My father worked most of his life at a chrysler plant. The employee parking lot had a sign saying only only American vehicles could be parked in it, and all others had to park down the road and walk a block to work! Now, this is pretty good, considering half of chryslers cars have mitsubishi engines in them!!! The Stealth was just a re-badged 3000GT! Anyway, I'm an average American who finds it hard to maintain the bad but fun habbit I have ( ATV's ) That said and considered, I purchase what proves itself to be more worth the money. If that happens to be an American product, then that's what I will buy. Moreover, if an American product proves to be junk, why in the hell should I waste my hard earned money on it?...To make YOU happy?! Well, I'll do that just about the time YOU start paying my mortgage and utilities. Furthermore, I find it real hard to be financially patriotic when our own elected president and government sells OUR butts and backyards to other countries. I will say, the fantasy of Americans buying American is a noble one, and if it worked and was consistant that would be fine, but when Americas core-industries such as the automotive and computer industries preach to us to not do something they are the most guilty of, as well as our own government...bite me! If it's good for me...IT"S GOOD FOR YOU!!! Elect another sagebrush George Bush, and we may find ourselves making our mortgage payments to someone in China or Russia!...Rant-off
Carbonfist - We need to talk.

Ron

Old 03-03-2006, 07:28 AM
Range Rover
Default Why buy American

Hello Fellow Riders!
I´m foreigner here and have visited since 11/2005, I like very much these forums and got some ´friends´ here.
I have to say that problems you are talking in this topic are global and touch every1. After 50 yrs everything will be maid where it´s as cheap as possible. Nobody cares, money talks. Everything to me just now and future down to the toilet.
I´m sad because we all know situation and still keep all those blockhead politicians there making conclusions for our future. Politic is BFD in everywhere.
Why, we don´t start think and do something next time we have elections in own country.
This topic have been here a long time, having long good stances. It tells me that matter is serious and touch we all.
From here I´have learned more about US-citizens life in nowadays than no book or newspaper in any library.

Take care
BG

Old 03-04-2006, 02:12 AM
Pro Rider
Default Why buy American

Originally posted by: BastardoGrande
Hello Fellow Riders!
I´m foreigner here and have visited since 11/2005, I like very much these forums and got some ´friends´ here.
I have to say that problems you are talking in this topic are global and touch every1. After 50 yrs everything will be maid where it´s as cheap as possible. Nobody cares, money talks. Everything to me just now and future down to the toilet.
I´m sad because we all know situation and still keep all those blockhead politicians there making conclusions for our future. Politic is BFD in everywhere.
Why, we don´t start think and do something next time we have elections in own country.
This topic have been here a long time, having long good stances. It tells me that matter is serious and touch we all.
From here I´have learned more about US-citizens life in nowadays than no book or newspaper in any library.

Take care
BG

Thanks for the input from a far [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Sorry to hear your seeing similar troubles in Finland too, but like you say its global, and greed and money are leading the decisions.

It was really interesting to read your points in your post, and just to take a second and consider how others are also effected outside the US. I guess were all being tested to see just how much we can stand.

Hope things improve for all concerned.

Old 03-04-2006, 02:27 AM
Pro Rider
Default Why buy American

Like Forrest Gump once said, "That is all i have to say about that."
Wow good ole forrest, cant believe I missed that one [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Damn did that show create some great quotes, but my absolute favorite (and the one I found that gets proven over and over lol) "stupid is, as stupid does"

I aint calling any names etc, and since I am starting to figure that our leaders will eventually either price us out of buying local products thru the errosion of the middle class, and labor or craftsman jobs worth a damn etc, and pretty much having nothing to chose between except different levels of imported garbage that have added so many thousands of percentage points to the profitability of our corporate giants (you know the guys who make all those political donations lol) that our actual buying decisions and habits wont hold enough power to cause any effect anyhow.

So may as well just live it up while we can, and remember "sometimes you get the pitts"

Damn maybe we need to start a "what would forrest say thread" LMFAO