Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

SC 90 Just won't run.........

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2002, 01:41 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Good info. 720. I suspect the SP90 and Scrm90 are the same as my boy's Extreme X90. I'm curious, what is your easy fix when washing the machine. I have not encountered a prob., yet, other than the squealing when he takes off, so any info. I can get on this thing the better. Thanks again.

Old 05-11-2002, 03:03 AM
Pro Rider

I have many tips and tricks for the youth mini atvs. My articles appear in MXAMERICA and other publications. A quick fix for the water/no start issue is to get some di-electric grease (tune up grease) from an auto parts store. Under the front of the atv locate each wire connector, especially the white connector from the key switch and the one from the left had controls. Unplug each connector (one at a time) and squirt some of the grease in the connector. This will prevent 99% of all water/no start issues. P.S. This also works on your big bikes.

Jon

Old 05-13-2002, 08:36 AM
Range Rover

Turns out that the coil was the culprit. The ground side of the coil had an intermitent bad connection, causing occasional weak spark. The problem is at the tab that is soldered to the spot where the coil mounts, this part is heavy steel and the tab is light weight so it is obvious that the solder wont hold. Solved it by soldering a wire to this tab with a crimp on connecter on the other end that the mounting bolt goes thru. Much better ground. Off junior goes. Dads a hero.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 05-19-2002, 10:13 PM
Weekend Warrior

had problems with son 90cc dealer clams the engine was sucking water in thru cooling fan goffing up mag. went to walmark bought mud flaps for cars and fabracate a deflector to try to prevent problem

Old 05-19-2002, 11:16 PM
Range Rover

Also have had trouble with water in the ignition switch. Supposedly they have designed new switch to help keep water out. I call these things CTV's. (Clean terain vehicles).[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]