Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Upgrading my Polaris 250 Trailblazer

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2002 | 05:17 PM
|
Weekend Warrior

ok i own a Polaris Trailblazer 250. Its the 2000 model. I've had it for two years now. I would like to begin to upgrade it. What do you suggest I do? I was told by my buddies to get a Clutch Kit. Also, i was told to get a pipe. I was thinking maybe an FMF pipe. Is that would i would need? I would be mostly be trail riding with my quad but also do a lot of jumping and some minor racing (No not in a ciruit or anything). Everything on the Quad is STOCK (Havent changed a thing on it). I would really appreciate it if someone could help me out. Thanx
-CuJo

Old 05-20-2002 | 05:28 PM
Pro Rider

CuJO
I am sure you will hear this many times. The Pipe and clutch kit will probably the best investment for your bike.
On the Manufacturers, well everybody like differrent stuff. My recomendations is to stay away from FMF or DG. Go with someone that does polaris exclusively. Hear are some people to ck out

http://www.hpd-inc.com
http://www.hotseatperformance.com/
http://rittercycle.com/polaris.htm
also AAEN performance (send them an E mail and they will ship a catalog.)aaenperf@wi.net

Old 05-20-2002 | 05:34 PM
Pro Rider

Also you said you want to make a F.M.F

I belive you are starting with the wrong bike. Before upgrading your Trailblazer weight the cost of upgrades compared to selling the TB and jumping to A Scrambler. A modded TB will keep up with a Stck Scrambler at best.
Mod a scrambler and you can then start to keep up with the best of em. JMPO

Old 05-20-2002 | 10:18 PM
|
Weekend Warrior

thanx for the help i would have to look into selling tb and getting a scrambler. Like I said i want a F.M.F. And getting scrambler sounds like the right idea but i will have to doefinitly consider that idea.

Old 05-20-2002 | 10:25 PM
|
Weekend Warrior

<< Also you said you want to make a F.M.F

I belive you are starting with the wrong bike. Before upgrading your Trailblazer weight the cost of upgrades compared to selling the TB and jumping to A Scrambler. A modded TB will keep up with a Stck Scrambler at best.
Mod a scrambler and you can then start to keep up with the best of em. JMPO
>>

I have decided to not sell my TB. Besides a Clutch Kit and Pipe is there anything else i should conider? Also, what brand of Clutch Kit and Pipe do you recommend? What kind of pipe do i need a performance pipe right? how much would the total cost be (clutch kit + pipe)?
thanks for all your help
-CuJo

Old 05-20-2002 | 11:06 PM
Trailblazer

i have a Hot seat performance, pipe and Hypershift clutch kit, the pipe is $250 and i think its $140 for clutch kit, well worth it in my opinion, you can get by just using a Brown or red clutch spring and save $120, in my opinion the clutch kit doesnt do anything more then the spring does, i cant tell a difference from when i just had the pipe and spring, to now when i have the clutch kit and pipe. just my opinion though.. High performance design makes nice pipes too.. check them out at www.hpd-inc.com

Old 05-20-2002 | 11:20 PM
Elite Pro Rider

Whoever you choose, make sure to get the pipe and clutch kit from the same manufacturer. Each pipe has it's own characteristics, and you'll want the clutching to work in harmony with that. Like the previous posts, HPD, Hot Seat, and Aaen are good sources. Two good relatively inexpensive mods are to switch to aluminum floorboards (or nerfs) and aluminum frot bumper. These are available from I think it's the 2000 500 4x4 Scrambler. You can also remove the oil injection and swithch to manually mixing 40:1 oil/gas. This alone will remove about 11 lbs from the front alone. Good luck, as you can see, there are many people here who are ready to help.

Ken

Old 05-21-2002 | 10:42 AM
Pro Rider

I'd prefer a modded Trailblazer over a stock Scrambler if the money was the same. You can toss it around a little easier I think. But with the TB costing $3200 OTD and the Scrambler being $5000 &amp; up, you could spend A LOT on the TB before reaching the price of a new Scrambler. Besides that, you'd be lucky to get $2200 for the TB to put towards a Scrammy.

Old 05-21-2002 | 12:30 PM
BK
Pro Rider

A free mod that helps: underneath the snorkle on your airbox is a small restrictive plastic piece. Take the 4 screws out from snorkle, take out the piece and re-install snorkle. Another not so cheap weight savings, is to go to aluminum rims.

Old 05-21-2002 | 02:31 PM
Pro Rider

If you have the money...go HPD reed convertion kit. Beats a Scrambler..and most likely many other quads too.

Quick Reply: Upgrading my Polaris 250 Trailblazer