Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

BUSTED.

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2002, 11:42 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Way to go Hausdog!
Many years back I was in a rock band. The cops would shut down our rehearsals every night. I finally went down to the chief of police and asked him what we could do, what direction the complaints were coming from so we could sound proof that direction, and what time we should stop. Problem solved. We quit every night at 10:15, threw some extra blankets and matresses against the northeast windows and never saw the cops again.
.....Out riding with the kids a couple of weeks ago we got a warning from a Forest Service guy for no registration on my little guy's Raptor 80. Everything else is licensed. I wasn't there when he pulled up or he might have written a ticket instead of a warning. I am very involved with the Forest Service and our new Forest Supervisor in OHV issues and am helping them get funding for an OHV program through new legislation. I urged our new supervisor to only let warnings be issued for non-registration till the Forest service actually gets some of the money from these registrations for their OHV program.
We'll see.
......One thing I've taught my kids is A$$hoes come in all colors, shapes and sizes. There are plenty of ATVers that fall into that category too.
Too loud, roosting people, tearing up the landscape, tresspassing, and blowing it for the rest of us.
.....Sensible laws, understood by everyone, is the first step in the right direction. There will always be overzealous cops and Squids (squirrly kids) and they will always butt heads. Both are at fault.
... Hausdog handled this situation extremely well, and it is a lesson to all of us. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img]

Old 06-01-2002, 03:39 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Dustanko has some very valid points---So does Fourlix.