Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

How can I make them take back my 700 P.O.S.?

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2002, 03:03 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

MT,
I really want to go back to IRS.The differance in the ride between my Sportsman and my Xplorer is day and night.I took on a job in the sales department at my local Honda shop in Janurary of this yr.This is a very good experience for me because I really did get to see first hand how reliable Honda products really are.Only ONE Honda product has ever been brought back into the dealership for warrenty work since Janurary,it was a Recon with a starting problem.This speaks very big as far as reliability is concerned.

I have rode the new Kawi and the new 660 Grizz,both ATVs are very nice,however,I want to shy away from BELTS!

Bill

Old 06-11-2002, 06:42 AM
Trailblazer

know what i did,
,my 700 kept leaking,wanted something dependable,traded it for a 500 ho,,,the 700's will be a great machine in a few years when the chance of a lemon will be less.
you wont get far with a dealer as they are all alike,,,they want to sell the machines , it usually ends there,,,,so i traded,,got a 500ho freedom series ,,i love it,,,cost me 800.00 to get the freedom,,but it was worth it,also went to a different dealer to trade the leaker in...

to me it was worth just getting rid of the 700..and i feel i got the better of the deal,,biggest isnt always better...

Old 06-11-2002, 10:17 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

just wondering if anyone knows WHEN the new Honda 650 Rencon is going to be on the dealer's showrooms for sale?
also, besides engine/transmission, what are the significant differences between it and the Rubicon?

Muddy the salesman, how about you? LOL

thanks,
-MT

Old 06-12-2002, 01:38 AM
Weekend Warrior

Some differances between the Rincon and Ruby?

1.650cc vs 500cc
2.The Rincon has switchable 2wd/4wd,the Ruby does not.
3.IRS on the Rincon,solid axle on the Ruby
4.10 inches of ground clearance on the Rincon,only about 7 on the Ruby
5.At least there is ONE rear Disk brake on the Rincon,complete drums on the Ruby
6.The Rincon has a GREAT look to it,the Ruby is tanky looking.
7.The tranny on the Rincon is an automotive style tranny with an actual torque converter,the Rubys tranny,though succussful, has the old style hydrostatic tranny
8.Radial tires on the Rincon,not so with the Ruby.

Did I leave out anything??

Bill

Old 06-12-2002, 11:17 PM
Pro Rider

Was dosent the Honda have as much towing power as other quads do cause for almost $8000 and a 650cc engine it should be able to pull more than 1000 pounds but other than that the Green Rincon is nice looking with those black rims

Old 06-13-2002, 04:53 PM
Pro Rider

Northstar

If you feel your dealer is not taking care of you, Spend more time there, and LET THERE OTHER PERSPECTIVE BUYER KNOW HOW GOOD YOUR MACHINE IS AND HOW THE SERVICE IS AT THAT DEALER. You will quickly get noticed. Don't do anything stupid, Just be a THORN in the side so to speak.

Old 06-13-2002, 10:05 PM
Trailblazer

I guess I came across wrong in my angry tirade. I can't say that my dealer has been anything but helpful, they always fix the machine for me, they treat me good even though I've made no secret of how I feel about the 700. I am just disgusted with the constant problems. As for lemon laws, I haven't had the same problem twice! The other day when I squawked about the coolant leak, I went on to read some posts about it, then I went out and pulled off the water pump cover. It had some crud on the mating surface, which I scraped clean and put the cover back on. Everything is fine now. Also, to any 700 owners, check your chrome wheels for premature peeling. I am getting a new one free because the plating peeled off in the seam near the center. No way it was trail damage or anything else, it was definitely from a sloppy plating job. All I can say is that I knew better than to buy a first year new model, but I went ahead and did it anyway. Thanks for all the input! I guess I'm going to keep it and keep plugging away at it. Maybe a lift and 28 inch 589s will make me feel better...