Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Anyone see the crap about the new Rincon?

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2002, 06:56 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Rincon,
I do not post as much as used to, but I do read this stuff on occasion. Your comments have compelled me to ask you a question. Why are you so hostile? Why are you calling people names? Have you ridden the Rincon, and if so, why don't you elaborate on the good suspension which you referred to?

My guess is that you would never be so disrespectful on the trail. Why do it here? The people I have met from the various forums have turned out to be my best friends due to the fact we share common interest, and have alot of fun together on the weekends. If you were to lighten up, you might have the same luck. I ask you the same question I ask my kids... where are your manners?

Greg

Old 07-11-2002, 07:27 PM
Range Rover

<< if you did more than just look at the pictures DUstanko you'd know that honda has been developing the rincon for 3 years, has the sp700 been out for 3 years? >>

Do you even realize how long just the Sportsman 700 engine was in development, not to mention everything else on the machine. To tell you the truth, the time involved in development doesn't mean a dang thing. It is the quality and what you get done. I am getting fairly tired of all your ramblings on about the new Rincon, &quot;the best thing ever, better than any quad&quot; machine. As far as I am concerned, it will have to proove itself which isn't an easy task these days.

Old 07-11-2002, 07:56 PM
Weekend Warrior

Honda's been a proven reliable ATV for many yrs,I see no reason to beleive the new Rincon wont be either?I will not be taking a chance on another Polaris ATV even though I do like most things about the new 700cc twin 4x4.

After getting two very bad Polaris ATVs that have CONSTANTLY been in the shop for repairs,I have made a decision to shy away from them for awile.Polaris ATV do have more features than Honda's and you can generally buy them for less $$,however,all the features in the world dont do you a damn bit of good while the ATV is constantly down for repairs,and my Polaris ATVs were not a rare lemon as some will say,Polaris just does not have the same quality standards as Honda,I have many friends with Polaris products that can back up this last comment.I'll pay a little more for my new Rincon and get a little lesser ATV for my money vs the new 700,but im sure my time with my boring and less featured Rincon will be spent on the trail instead of a repair shop?

Bill

Old 07-11-2002, 09:36 PM
Pro Rider

Ya,
On the trail stuck in the mud on your $7500 well built 3 wheel drive, with a bunch of Polaris 4X4's on the other side of the mud LTAO.
Its bean my experience every time I go buy a new ATV or bike that the honda dealers have always been jerks, and they never come down from the already lofty honda sticker price. Not sure why the honda brain washing program has worked so well on so many, but I'me sure you will be happy with it.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 07-11-2002, 10:03 PM
Pro Rider

Rincon,

Arguement and debate is good. Does not mean that I am right or that you are wrong. But with words of your's like &quot;dumb butt&quot; leads me to believe that we got your goat. Laugh at the adversity and give us a good arguement back.

Daryn

Old 07-11-2002, 10:32 PM
Pro Rider

HI GUY'S;
I was reading what everyone has to say about the RINCON...a friend of mine was going to sell his FOREMAN 400 to get it...funny thing though, he doesn't even like to talk about it anymore. I wonder if it has anything to do with the fact that it has LESS features than all the competition and is going to be priced painfully higher. A flagship quad with no locker, drums, lower towing capacity, no low range, no front bumper to talk about( little bumps mean BIG dollars ) ,come off it HONDA you fell behind on this one BIG time. I have no doubt that it will be a fine machine but when you compare it to the competition out there it gets BLOWN AWAY by the other big bores!!! Not to mention everything else is cheaper!!! Honda has no chioce but to aim it at the casual rider cause everything else is stronger, ( the few reviews I've read have already acknowleged it's limited work ability...and if people think it's going to hang with the likes of the KAWI 650 for sportyness THEY ARE SADLY MISTAKEN!!! I bet the ride isn't much better than the POL700 and GRIZZ660 if at all. So HONDA has a alot banking on their reliability record ( I will be the first to recognize that Hon does indeed make a good machine but this is a new age for quads and people want more features as well as reliabilty) I will go out on a limb and predict that it will be QUAD OF THE YEAR... because...hang on I really am trying to find a reason...OH well at least we have the mags to set us straight. The magazines do not favor who gives the most advertising dollars... you wait and see the RINCON will beat everything else cause... Someone will surely find something the RINCON does better than everone else won't they...HAHAHA!!!
PS; The RINCON is apparently rumoured to go for about $12000.00 CANADIAN !!!! ( when it's released ) I PAID almost $3000.00 less than that for my KAWI650(KVF650 in CAN) and got about $800.00 worth of accesories with it!!!!!

ROB

Old 07-11-2002, 11:20 PM
Pro Rider

hey, i live in canada too. the rubicon is priced high too, i can get a p650 for the same price as a rubicon. I'd take the 650, had a chance to ride one and the power is better than any other. but the guy who had it gave it to his wife, and got a sp700. just couldn'y live without the IRS. (had a sp500 before) we got out on the pavement and the kawi blew it away. the polaris sounds nice when idleling though, like it has a hot cam. anyways my brother got a 450 honda for 6999 CDN, that's the best price around, what did you pay for the p650? there's one here at the dealer for 8500

Old 07-11-2002, 11:30 PM
Pro Rider

I am looking for a second quad for my wife. I want a bigger bore though for my own selfishness so I can ride another good ATV along with my 650. I am considering a Polaris 500HO, Cat 500i, and Grizz 660. I love the sportiness of my 650 but I want IRS this time around.

I would definetly consider the Rincon if I could get it for $6,500 or less. Maybe I should wait a year or so and that may happen. For my wife to ride it would be perfect. For me it would be a nice option to compliment my 650. But as of now I am leaning towards the Polaris.

The 650 to me is still the best ATV out there but it suits my needs the best and that is why I like it.

Daryn

Old 07-11-2002, 11:34 PM
Pro Rider

RINCON;
The lowest sale price I have seen is $9200.00 I got mine for a $9400.00 with $ 1000.00 worth of accessories kicked in( accessories are listed below ) My bike was brand new ( not a demo ) The Dealer is a friend of mine so I got a good deal. It is the best $9400.00 bucks I've ever spent!!!

ROB

Old 07-11-2002, 11:39 PM
Pro Rider

with the accesories it works out about even, but that's still a good price, and no it's not a demo, it's the last one left in stock though
you should be able to get the rincon 1000 dollars off the MSRP, my brother got his 450s for 1500 off the MSRP

Quick Reply: Anyone see the crap about the new Rincon?