Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Anyone see the crap about the new Rincon?

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2002, 11:59 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Has anyone read the article on the Rincon that is on the main page of this site. It is the biggest load of crap I have ever read. I mean, we haven't ridin it yet, cause it's not out, but they are already talking it up like isn't the best thing since sliced bread!!
Has anyone noticed this crap?

Old 07-09-2002, 12:31 AM
Pro Rider

That's typical with all of the new quads man....Raptor, Z400, Grizz 660, Sportsman 700...etc.

It get's everybody hyped up and a lot of people jump into buying them then regret it.

I'm hoping that the new Predator lives up to the hype that is already flying around....Personally I would decide on buying a quad until I have ridden it, but I guess everyone is not that way.

As for the Rincon...I'm not exactly impressed with the specs, but the Utilities aren't my game anyway. We'll see when it comes out...maybe it will suprise some people (regardless, the price tag is pretty scary).

Take care.

-Josh

Old 07-09-2002, 11:30 AM
Pro Rider

One word....

Honda

utter the red wing and the masses will follow. why are honda people so freakin hard-headed??? it could be $50K and they would still buy it, im with Piranha, Im not exactly 100% impressed with this machine at all.

Old 07-09-2002, 01:03 PM
Pro Rider

They talk up everything new. You can't even listen to the hype.

Old 07-09-2002, 10:47 PM
Pro Rider

I just read it and was laughing so hard I was crying.
Honda tries to make its first Sport Utility, but its too slow and the suspension is bad enough that they have to create a whole new catagory for it "RECREATIONAL UTILITY ATV".[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img] Something they would only do for the deep advertising pockets of Honda.
The article has a lot of complaints by the testers, but its a Honda so they also talk at great leangth trying to explain how there complaints are not actually complaints.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img]
By the end of the article it looked like they were actually saying "Good effort Honda, but you might want to check out the competition"
My god that was funny. Still crying.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 07-09-2002, 11:32 PM
Pro Rider

I agree 100%, it has to have it's own section of the atv market?
I mean, they said it is supposed to be sporty, but they complain it has to much tippsyness to it, how can it be sporty
I think it is a crock

Old 07-09-2002, 11:42 PM
Pro Rider

Its the Rubicon all over again. Instead of making what the ATV buyers want, they just use 1/3 gimick, 1/3 hype, and one third advertising money. Same old Honda story.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
Also take note of the word CON in each quads name. Honda must have a sence of humor after all.

Old 07-10-2002, 12:55 AM
Pro Rider

Gee, I thought the first sport/utility ATV was the prairie 650. My honest opinion is that it will have a very tough time contending with the Kawi. That V-twin has way too much umph.

Old 07-10-2002, 01:22 AM
Pro Rider

I think what they were trying to do is make something to beat both the kawi and the 700 sportsman.
Something very sporty, but can down right work, and they missed the boat on both. I think honda needs to stick to making 300cc quads, they stretched one atv too thin to make if fit the bill for everyone, and wound up with a crap atv with a huge price sticker.

Old 07-10-2002, 08:10 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

the rincon appears to serve the fat, non-athletic, elderly, low-tech, uninspired individual that is perfectly happy eating a no-frills meat-and-potato dinner.

....and you know what? there's A LOT of people that fit that criteria! (it's to bad,i know!)

IF this customer profile has the BUCKS, i think honda will do quite well with this model.

have a great day,
-MT

Quick Reply: Anyone see the crap about the new Rincon?