Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

My JUNKY Polaris'

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2002, 07:09 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

you calling me predictable?? give up the whole breast thing modquad, it was fun while it lasted, but i think you need to grow up. this is afterall a ATV forum, if you want to talk about breasts this aint the forum to do it in.

<< and the ONLY breasts you'll ever see are in your dreams >>

try and think of something all by yourself, or do you need buba to help you??? I'm getting old, no bud it's you!
calling me angry little man, gee haven't heard that line before

<< yawn, and you're also boring, and predictable... >>

haven't seen this one either, have we. get a life, i am not bashing or joking anymore, have you read my recent posts?? not likely, so go on and do something productive

Old 07-25-2002, 07:43 PM
Trailblazer

I'm wondering why everyone is told to &quot;grow up&quot;?...must be a Fruedian thing?

Old 07-25-2002, 07:56 PM
Pro Rider

Rincon just craves attention and apparently is getting it on here. Guess just don't get any at home from mom or dad seems the corner pub is more interesting than staying home and spending quality time with junior. I sure he does have an atv but you do have to plug the &quot;wal-mart special&quot; in the wall every so often to get some &quot;gas&quot; so he gets bored and comes on here. My girlfriends 4 year old grandson would be devastated if he knew his wally special is considered a toy, he has alot to look forward to. He even does jumps with the wally, granted it is off the curb but tickles the heck out of him. The baby sitter is out on the couch with the pizza boy instead of babysitting as she should be... Boy I liked those kind when I was the pizza boy. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] If anyone wants to know what Rinny looks like just pull up the webster dictionary page and look under loser. The photo is a bit outdated since the playpen is history as of 2 years ago. I just couldn't resist it, it is kinda fun. Oh well back outside to picking raspberries. Go Rinny

Old 07-25-2002, 08:02 PM
Pro Rider

your cool,i'll just leave it at that!

Old 07-25-2002, 08:19 PM
Pro Rider

Hey Retard,,,,(just jokin),,just wanted to let you know that I still think your an a$$,(just jokin)......

Have a nice day !!!!!

Old 07-25-2002, 09:14 PM
Pro Rider

thanks

Old 07-25-2002, 10:26 PM
Trailblazer

Mar,

Not sure I can agree with your statement that if you own an ATV three years and don't have to replace anything, you're not riding it hard. I've ridden my Honda 300 4x4 a lot (no odometer) and the total damage so far is 2 screws vibrated loose. Neither were critical.

Any ATV is great when its running, but I don't believe they are all equal in quality or durability. When a Yugo was running, it would get you from point A to point B. That doesn't mean its the engineering equivalent of a Mercedes.

I think it boils down to this. Some Polaris owners have good luck with their machines. Most Honda owners have good luck with their machines.

The more I ride with Polaris's (lots in MN) and other feature ladden machines, the more I appreciate Honda's low tech, overengineered approach to design. I expect that as Honda moves away from that philosophy, the average reliability of their machines will decrease and be more equivalent to other brands. People bash Honda for being low tech. From the standpoint of reliability, which is what I prize when I'm 45 miles out on the trail on a beautiful day, you can have your auto tranny, selectable 4wd, liquid cooled, etc....

When I was considering buying my first ATV, I had no bias toward any brand. I was told Honda was the most reliable. Nothing I've seen or read in 3 years of riding has contradicted what I was told.

But, I have no doubt the 500HO is a sweet machine when all systems are go.

Old 07-25-2002, 10:33 PM
Pro Rider

honda's rule!! reliability is the main thing in a quad, and polaris don't fill the bill

Old 07-25-2002, 11:28 PM
Pro Rider

Have any of you Honda boys ever looked into the Honda forums ???Believe it or not they also have problems with their quads,,,,after all that's part of the reason we all come back here every day is to help each other out with our problems,,,,,,,that and to make fun of Recon (just jokin) could'nt resist..

Old 07-26-2002, 12:38 AM
Trailblazer

Speaking for myself, I mainly frequent various Honda forums. So I understand that Hondas are not perfect. No brand of anything is. So it becomes a matter of the frequency and severity of problems as well as the approach to design. Honda takes a simpler is better approach, and will not do things like put a belt drive on a piece of equipment that is meant to do river crossings. If Polaris built a four stroke, manual transmission, fulltime 4wd, air cooled atv, it would probably be less prone to serious malfuntion than the 500HO. I suppose the 500 magnum is close.

I believe Honda's reliability record stems from great execution of a superior approach (simplicity) to building an off road machine.

But until the Rincon, if you wanted the best ride, you had to go elsewhere (i.e. Polaris)

Quick Reply: My JUNKY Polaris'