Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

My JUNKY Polaris'

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2002, 03:00 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Rincon,
What Polaris's have you owned that gave you so many problems? None?

You brag constantly about a Honda that you have never ridden. You bash quads you have never owned.

I think you said you owned a Kodiak??? Have you ever ridden a SP500 for a day to compare the difference? You will be quite disappointed when you have to get back on that Kodiak.

Do you think I would continue to ride my SP500 every weekend if it actually broke every weekend or every month for that matter. I have that Rubicon sitting in the shed. It is shiney new, and it will stay that way if I have the option to ride a SP500 instead.

Lighten up a little on the Polaris bashing. You are not making any new friends.

Old 07-23-2002, 04:13 PM
Pro Rider

Yikes,
I just found out from a reliable source that it costs at least $250 a week to keep a Polaris running.
I owned a Scrambler for 2.5 years, never had to spend 1 cent for a repair, thats 130 weeks,
Holy cow, its now due for its $32500 PROBLEM!!!!
Glad I got rid of it.
Waite a dam minute here, I still own the Sportsman, never spent 1 cent on a repair, and its 3 years old, THATS GOING TO BE A $39000 PROBLEM - SOMEONE PLEASE HELP - I DON'T HAVE THAT KIND OF MONEY!!!![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]

Old 07-23-2002, 04:42 PM
Pro Rider

its kind of funny hearing some kids talk about life, and quads.
at 15, you know everything, and everyone older is stupid.
at 21, you realize how much an older person can give you in wisdom.
at 30, you realize that the more you know, the more you need to learn.
at 35,( present for me) i realize that i was once that smart ( at 15) went through a slow dumb faze, ( at 21 ) tried to learn and pay attention to those who have gone before me, (30) and am now under the impression that i dont know everything, but am willing to try to learn.
the sad thing is most who comment out of shere ignorance dont realize that there too dumb to realize there stupid!
this thread is a great thread, poking fun at the youngins who think they have it all figured out. its like setting bait for a crock, just waiting for it to snap.
here's an idea!!! listen, learn, pay attention, and consintrate. there is a point to this thread, and its not for anyone to come in here and try again to through there 15 years of wisdom into bashing something they dont even understand!
show respect for those who have gone before you, couse one day, some 15 year old moron will try to enlighten you on something he knows nothing about, and you will then be laughing too.
as for polaris, i'll take one, lol!!! hell, while your at it, i'll take a suzuki, kow, honda, yamaha, and a bom!!! as long as its fun, lets do it!!!

my pictures

Old 07-23-2002, 05:00 PM
Pro Rider

that's right gregsims i've owned no polaris atvs, that's what makes me sooo smart. lol i don't care what you buy, it's just me you'll never see on a polaris. If i recall correct there was a test betweem the sp400 and the kodiak, and guess what bud, the kodiak won. if you say that i will be disapointed to get back on my kodiak your right and wrong, the sp's have the best smoothest riding suspension out there, but my kodiak has better power than the sp400, engine braking, less weight, and better front suspension. why do you compare the sp500 to the kodiak, oh i bet it's cause you're a smart man, and you already prob. knew that the sp400 lost to the kodiak.
by the way i've ridden the sp500, and the 700, the 700 has poor bottom end compared to the sp500 (but the 500 was far from stock)
what honda did i bragg about that i have never ridden??? please answer that one.

you guys are all missing the point, did i say everyone that has a polaris has to spend 250 a week?? no, that 250 was obliously an exaggeration, but not far off at one point in time.

Megacrash- i don't beleive you that you've owned your quad for 3 years and haven't replaced anything, all quads wear out bearings, ball joints, and tie rod ends. you have to change the oil, and filter every once and a while too. things that i am talking about are things like rear axels, top ends, water pumps, starter, cylinoid, all the lights, primary and secondary clutchs........

i'm still not seing how i'm un knowledgeable??? i have witnessed all of these problems, and the honda have to replace the odd bearing, ball joints, and tie rod ends. no quad is with ou tit's problems, i'm just saying that i've witnessed more on polaris'

Old 07-23-2002, 05:14 PM
Pro Rider

I got to thinking, what if my wife was paying the $500 a week behind my back.
"AT LEAST $250 A WEEK - PER QUAD - TO KEEP A POLARIS RUNNING"

She could have been sneaking them out of the garage every Monday after I went to work, and taking them into the Polaris shop.

I did notice that the owner of my local Polaris dealership drives a big shiney new truck, DID I PAY FOR IT??

When I asked her about it, she said "no", then just gave me a funny look, kind of like she didn't know what I was talking about.
I think she was lying.

MAN,
Like I said earlier, the "At least $250 a week to keep a Polaris running" was told to me in the strictest of confidence, from a very reliable sorce.
I must have been paying $4000 a month in repairs.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]

Old 07-23-2002, 05:18 PM
Pro Rider

you are really cool, aren't you. your wife is prob. running with the local polaris mechanic too, seeming how she's there every monday.

did you even read my previous post, or do you see my name and think of something smart to say???

Old 07-23-2002, 05:18 PM
Pro Rider

Could someone please call Terminex,
I see the Parasite is back again.

Old 07-23-2002, 05:20 PM
Pro Rider

you don't know how to answer a question pal?? or can you read?? i get it now, you guys can't handle the truth. i tell you something real, and you all start the winning and complaining.

Old 07-23-2002, 05:41 PM
Pro Rider

OH
MY
GOD

I think I just figured it out.

What if there is a secret orginization, not unlike the MEN IN BLACK, except they deal with Polaris problems.

They know the present location of every Polaris ATV, and when there is a problem, they instantly show up in a big black parts truck, jump out and make all the necessary repars.
then they use the little red flashy thing on us "Polaris owners" so we are never the wiser to what just happened.

That would explain a lot.

I bet the only reason we know this much is because a "Honda owner" was stopped on the trail, playing with himself, and saw the whole thing. He must have looked away just as they used the little red flassy on the poor Polaris owner, so he remembers the whole thing.

I bet rincon is that Honda owner!!!!
THANK YOU SO MUCH rincon FOR YOUR HELP IN THESE MATTERS!!!
ALL HAIL rincon!

Old 07-23-2002, 06:11 PM
Trailblazer

Mega Crash,
Once in awhile we must sit back quietly and listen to the wisdom of the younger generation.We should thank him for sharing some of his many years of experience with us.Humbly admit that secretly we hate the quads we ride and have invested our hard earned money into.We have no business telling anyone something contrary to what the all knowing rincon says.Deep down we know that are polaris' are steaming piles of manure.I'm sure that since I have not spent one dime on repairs to my quad I am simply ignoring the fact that it is broke and I just don't want to admit it.Sorry to disrespect you MIGHTY RINCON.You must be so full of knowledge to have 143 constructive and helpful posts.

Quick Reply: My JUNKY Polaris'