Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

My JUNKY Polaris'

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2002, 10:51 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Okie, thanks for reminding me. That piece of junk, all I did was dive it completely under the water while it was running. I was forced to perform one of the above mentioned oil changes after that. A simple little drive into a pond cost me like $15 bucks.

Does anyone want to buy these "high maintenance" machines from me. I'll take what that crazy dealer will give me on trade.

email me at: ImAnIdiot@HondasRule.com

Old 07-22-2002, 11:34 PM
Pro Rider

Yeah,,,I'll tell you,,,,always having to move the shifter from forward to reverse and back,,,,push the throttle,,pull the brake lever,,,,what a pi$$er..not to mention the regular putting in of the gas and oil..
What the h#ll was polaris thinking when they made these things so reliable that you always have to ride them and never get a chance to work on them ???

Old 07-22-2002, 11:43 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

you guys are TERRIFIC! this is GREAT!
my turn,
my Polaris is TERRIBLE! every time i'm trailering it somewhere, people drive by me on the highway and give me a 'thumbs-up!' and worse yet, in the Rest Areas, people comment on how COOL it looks! IMAGINE THAT! DAMN i hate the attention!
-MT

Old 07-23-2002, 12:26 AM
Pro Rider

O.K now it's my turn. everyone i know who rides a polaris always has to spend a minimum of 250 a week to keep it running, well if ya drive them hard. I would just like to congradulate you guys on having good luck with your polaris' the reason i hate them soooo much is because all of the experience that i've had with polaris has been terrible, all but one guy who has had good luck with his sp500 H.O. i won't rain on your parade anylonger.
later
RINCON

Old 07-23-2002, 12:50 AM
Trailblazer

mike chero i agree with you and hey you guys i am sorry 4 your luck by my TB and my dads explorer have never had any real problems and i know a lot of people whos polaris's work just as good if not better than a dumb suzuiki or yamaha or whatever all fourwheelers have problems and you guys probably think that polaris's are junk cuz you never tried anything else but i bet you would have more problem with a different brand hondas are really good i will admit but still polaris's are no worse than any other you just think they are

Old 07-23-2002, 12:51 PM
Pro Rider

Once again, in my experiences they have been crap, that is where i made my decision, and don't give me "if they did general maitanance" crap, cause i aint buying it

Old 07-23-2002, 01:48 PM
Pro Rider

rincon?
GO GET A LIFE!
How many times a day do you feel the need to complain about something you obviously know nothing about?
Everyone you know with a Polaris has to spend a minimum of $250 a week to keep it running? What the he!! is that?
What are you, like 12 years old?
Do us all a favor and get off the internet, get back on the little bus, and go to summer school like your mommy told you.
Or better yet, save your milk money untill you have enough to go buy the worlds greatest ATV, The rincon. LOL
Parasites are realy hard to get rid of. Just ask Terminex.

Old 07-23-2002, 02:21 PM
Elite Pro Rider

I keep having this problem. I install my sparkplug finger tight. I go riding for a while, then boom, the sparkplug hits the gas tank, and ricochets into my nu...er groin area. Then I hafta spend a few hours in surgery, to remove the sparkplug. This is the third time, this Polaris is a piece of crap. Other than sell it, I have contracted a machinist to fabricate a "cup" for me. He said he'd make it out of titanium, so the sparkplug couldn't come through again. What a relief, now I can ride in comfort. Ever since I raised my compression, it really hurt. Those extended tip plugs are the worst.

Family show......what family show???

Ken

Old 07-23-2002, 02:22 PM
Pro Rider

wow!! your really cool aren't you.
when ever we say something bad about polaris, you guys say "you don't know what you're talking about"
if you could read you'd know that i said that i witnessed theses problems, they didn't come "out of the blue" (canadian thing)
so if you can't handle the truth i leave you little fellers alone now

Old 07-23-2002, 02:57 PM
Pro Rider

once upon a time, i was having an internet browsing session. for some unknown reason i went to the yamaha forum and snooped around the problem threads. then i went to the suzuki forum and did the same thing. then i came upon the honda forum and in all of the threads i visited, my search for the all knowing rinconator only turned up a couple of posts. rincon, if you dislike polaris that much then GO AWAY! and ruin someone else's section of the forums.
don't go away mad...........just go away

Quick Reply: My JUNKY Polaris'