Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

My JUNKY Polaris'

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2002, 05:08 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I tell ya. These Polaris' are more trouble than they are worth! I've had this Sportsman for a year and a half. That thing has cost me 3-4 oil changes and a WHOLE tube of grease. That's like $50 in 16 months! What a pain in the butt!

And don't get me started on the TrailBlazer. A couple of months ago, I had to perform the scheduled tranny fluid change. That was like 8 bucks for the oil and took AT LEAST 10 minutes of time out of my life in the 3 months that I've owned it.

These things are worthless! I wish I could just get rid of them both. The thing is, the dealer will happily take them on trade toward a new one. He seems to believe he has no trouble re-selling them. What does he know? He's just a dealer. Besides that, I would have to physically load them on the trailer myself and haul them up there.

Any other Polaris owners feeling my pain?

Old 07-22-2002, 05:19 PM
Weekend Warrior

Yeah....I'm real ticked about having to buy gas and putting it into the gas tank, man...that can take awhile. Stupied Polaris

Old 07-22-2002, 05:27 PM
Trailblazer

My Scrambler 500 used gas too. It was the pits

-Ash

Old 07-22-2002, 05:31 PM
Pro Rider

yeah,i have to push the shifter forward and pull the trigger to get it running,what a pain in the butt!LOL!

Old 07-22-2002, 05:35 PM
Pro Rider

Boy, if you think Polaris is a rip off, then you should see my Ford. Why, imagine if you will, I actually have to put gasoline in the tank to make it go. Not to mention the oil changes every 3000 miles, insurance, registration, drivers license and brakes when it needs it.

Now that you mention it, my house is pretty high maintaince too. I can't believe that I ACTUALLY have to pay for water, sewage, electricity, phone bill, property taxes, oil for heating not to mention the various repairs I have to do on it from time to time. Geez what a rip off. Perhaps I should go home and live with my parents. I never had to do ANY of this when I lived with them.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 07-22-2002, 07:16 PM
Pro Rider

You are dumb!!!!!!!!!! What you think a machine dont need its oil changed and greasing?????!!!!!!!!! ALL machines need this done so you better sell your atv and never buy another one!

Old 07-22-2002, 07:23 PM
Elite Pro Rider

Ah, Polarisman3....they're being sarchastic...joking. Sorry if I missed your joke.

I even had to check the air in my tires.....my quad was riding REALLY stiff...the tires were flat. Now I need to go after the tire manufacturer for the cost of my rims.

Old 07-22-2002, 07:24 PM
Pro Rider

polarisman3 relax. Re-read the post...it is making fun of all the trash that has been tossed on the other posts here lately on what is supposed to be the "Polaris" forum.

Old 07-22-2002, 08:47 PM
Range Rover

Yeah, and on top of all those oil changes, air pressure checks and keeping gas in it I also have to pull my buddies out of mud holes when they follow me on my Sportsman..... Sometimes I drag my strap out 3 or 4 times a day to pull someone out. I wish I would have never bought a POLARIS.

Old 07-22-2002, 10:24 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Brent.....I am really surprised! Why didnt you complain about the time it flooded out for no reason in about 8' of water? And you rode it back to the truck with no problems after you got it started.....no THATS a hunk o' junk!!!!!!! Gettin' close to the season to go back down!!!!

Quick Reply: My JUNKY Polaris'