Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Heel Clicker....How to?

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2002, 07:50 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

How do I remove the spider properly to install the .080" shim provided with the heel clicker clutch kit? I removed the nylon nut, removed belt, and installed the weights. Now what is the proper method to remove the spider? Thank you in advance for your help.

Old 07-31-2002, 03:20 PM
Weekend Warrior

Well, I imagine it is the same as on a snowmobile, and you have to take off the clutch, put it in a fixture, remove the spider nut with a special tool, then remove the spider with a special spider removal tool. For pictures, go to http://www.slp.cc/Polaris_Catalog/spidernut.html, http://www.slp.cc/Polaris_Catalog/spidertool.html,
http://www.slp.cc/Polaris_Catalog/holdingfixture.html
Hope this helps

Old 07-31-2002, 09:11 PM
Weekend Warrior

got everything coming overnight....should be here tomorrow. thanks for the information.

Old 08-01-2002, 05:36 PM
Range Rover

Randrball let me know what you think of the heel clickers

THANKS Jim

Old 08-02-2002, 01:29 PM
Weekend Warrior

i tried the kit yesterday evening and was very impressed with its performance. the biggest problem i have is hooking up with all the mid-range torque. it would slip the tires slightly on pavement and send big roosts in loose soil. i was contemplating other mods such as a carb and pipe, but i see no need in those performance mods now. initially, i tried the yellow primary with an engagement rpm of 1200 which didn't suit my taste so i put in their orange primary with an engagement rpm of 600. this puts engagement back close to stock. all i can say is "wow what a difference". the stock setup just leaves too much left on the table.

Old 08-02-2002, 07:40 PM
Weekend Warrior

I have a 700 polaris and Im thinking about trying the heelclicker clutch kit.
I have 2 concerns. First, is it going to raise my rpm's before my bike starts moving? My rpm's are already up there anyway as compared to my 500.
Second, does the clutch kit get rid of that blasted "clunk" when you take off slow from stopping? Any help or advice is appreciated...David700

Old 08-05-2002, 12:16 AM
Weekend Warrior

if you install the orange spring the engagement rpms will remain close to stock....it will give you a tremendous amount of low to midrange grunt....i haven't tried it to see if any top end is lost, but i have had it back up to 60mph. i know for a fact the stock setup slipped my belt as sometimes i could hear it chirping when using the engine braking down steep hills in high range. this is now a thing of the past and i could not be any happier with the results. i would definately recommend this kit to anyone and some of my other polaris riding companions will agree as well. it just makes an a$$ out of their clutched bikes. as far the clunk,,,,,,you'll have to live with that.

Old 08-05-2002, 09:11 PM
Pro Rider

When did you get the heelclickers?
What did you put it on?
The reason I ask is because I got one for my 500 over a year ago,but never installed it due to some bad reviews.
Basically ,it was different weights,a diff spring
and I dont remember any shims?
I'll have to go take another look.

Old 08-05-2002, 09:37 PM
Pro Rider

Okay,
I'v got it sitting in front of me.
3 hc wieghts with empty center and tip holes.
1 gold spring
stainless button head screws and washers(randy said their not needed)
and a brass threaded cap (shim??)it's about 1 1/4" round and a 1/4" thick with the threads on the inside(shim???)
Does this sound right?

Old 08-06-2002, 12:12 AM
Weekend Warrior

i installed one on a 700 twin. my kit came with two primary springs to choose from (600rpm or 1200rpm engagement, spider shim (yours won't need that), a secondary spring, stainless socket head screws for the tip and center location, the stainless allen set screws are for the shoulder. look on heelclickers site for the weight setup instructions...i think it is under online instructions....i don't know about your bike, but it sure turned mine on fire....let me know what you think of the kit if you put it in your bike. remember you can tune them by adding weight to the center or tip locations as needed to suit your liking if their setup doesn't fit your style.

Quick Reply: Heel Clicker....How to?