Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Big bad 4x4 test

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2000, 03:20 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just got through reading the test in the new 4wheel action magazine. They tested the Griz, 500 magnum, and the Artic Cat against one another. I was really pleased about the comments on the Polaris and it won the shootout. I was surprised the most by the poor performance of the AC after everyone that jumps in the Polaris confrence claims they are so good. I don't recall a test against the Traxter and I really would like to know if they pull as well as someone was saying in a previous post. Here in the middle of the US we don't have any dealers that handle the AC that I am aware of (used to have a couple but they pulled up) and I have never seen a Traxter in this part of the country. Anyway I was pleased--thank goodness there was'nt a Honda in this class.

Old 03-17-2000, 03:49 PM
Pro Rider

They should do a shoot out with all the big utilities at once including the 400 Prairie and 450 Foreman . The Polaris Magnum should take the place of the 500 Sportsman because the SP500 usally win only due to it's plusher ride and the Magnum is more like the rest to make it even.

Old 03-17-2000, 08:09 PM
Pro Rider

Thanks for the invite!!!.. Honda450es accepts any challenge made by Polaris!!
We will concede speed and 4 wheel drive system..
We will WIN on weight,durability,ease of maintain-ability ,transmission,waterproffing,and over all cost of operating..engine braking,brakes,and fit n finish...
HONDA PROVEN TRACK RECORD 20 years plus
POLARIS introduced 4 strokes in 1995 !!
if we could only get the BEST of BOTH !!
WE"D ALL WIN !!!

Old 03-17-2000, 08:59 PM
Pro Rider

You may be correct in your predicted out come except in two areas, weight and brakes. Heavier is better for utility bikes when pulling giving it more traction to the ground and lastly no self respecting Magazine would give drum brakes the win over disk brakes and admit it in public.

Old 03-17-2000, 10:33 PM
Pro Rider

hey you guys i have a friend that just got his polaris 500 atv when I got my foreman 450s. A amonth later we went to the strip-pits around are area, anyways when were fourwheeling in mud the polaris keeped getting stuck in deep devits.I keeped pulling him out of every pit that he got stuck in and where he keeped getting stuck I went through like it wasn't hardly nothing. He and I couldn't belive it and this guy has been fourwheeling for a long time now so he's a good
driver. Also when we were trail riding he did real good but trying to go up a steep incline when
pulling up a trailer with big B.F.R's and he cauldn't belive he couldn't make it because he keeped spining his tires and when he did make the traction it bogged down and about flipped it,
When I tryed it I made it but barly it seems weird that a 450s could go and do more things with it then a 500 polaris.

TRUE STORY NO LIE!

Old 03-17-2000, 10:43 PM
Pro Rider

yes I got some swamp land in florida I would like to sell you too. Come on give me a break the 450's I ride with won't even make it where the AC will go let alone the sportsman. Come on now the Honda is a great machine but you won't make me believe that a bike with almost a foot clearance won't go where a bike with about a half of foot clearance will. I would like to talk to your buddy with the sportsman, why don't you get him to get on the forum or drop me an email cause he is in bad need of a tune up.

Old 03-17-2000, 11:10 PM
Trailblazer

Well said atving. sounds like a load of crap to me to!!

Old 03-17-2000, 11:10 PM
Pro Rider

im serious the 450s did go though some stuff that
thr polaris 500 didn't go through but this is a true story belive it are not it's you'r chois and
im not trying to put down a polaris by no means but if ha does come over this weekend i'll tell hin to reply to you so i'll see ya later.

Old 03-17-2000, 11:49 PM
Trailblazer

Sounds like lovinhonda's "buddy" doesn't know how to ride, or maybe he has forgotten to push that little button on the right handgrip that engages the Polaris awd system. I have a '00 Grizzly. I will be the first to admit it is probably not the "Ultimate ATV" like Yamaha likes to advertise. I ride with a 17 year-old that has a Polaris 325 Magnum. That machine will go anywhere my Grizzly will go, and sometimes further because of the awd system. Now I try to imagine the same machine with 500 cc's, and more ground clearance. I can't see how it could perform as poorly as lovinhonda says. Maybe he's lovin Honda a little TOO much.

Yammer_Hummer

Old 03-18-2000, 12:00 AM
Pro Rider

yes I got some swamp land in florida I would like to sell you too. Come on give me a break the 450's I ride with won't even make it where the AC will go let alone the sportsman. Come on now the Honda is a great machine but you won't make me believe that a bike with almost a foot clearance won't go where a bike with about a half of foot clearance will. I would like to talk to your buddy with the sportsman, why don't you get him to get on the forum or drop me an email cause he is in bad need of a tune up.

Quick Reply: Big bad 4x4 test