Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Polaris First with these innovations.

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2002, 09:52 PM
Elite Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hmmmm, no matter how you slice it. The things people use to razz Polaris about are now common on their preferred make. Automatic, floorboards, IRS. Bring on the transients. Yadda, yadda, yadda. If you don't like it, buy something else. Predator anyone? I think my quads hungry....who'll be the first to run like a wabbit. Give me your keys, For what my quads been through....your's would've broke.

Ken....I like 'em all, ride what you want. Think of something positive to say and do. And STOP WHINING!

Old 08-13-2002, 01:43 AM
Pro Rider

<< They forgot &quot;First to make a quad weigh twice as much as it should&quot; >>

and still be faster than a lightweight Honda.

Old 08-13-2002, 06:05 AM
Pro Rider

Not that it matters to me, but I just have to challenge some of these Polaris &quot;firsts&quot;.

First automatic transmission-it could be, but I'd have to check on that. Does anyone know when the Suzuki Quadsport 80 and Yamaha Breeze came out? Both of those are automatics.

First long travel suspension-some of the high performance machines out in the mid 80's had long travel suspension.

First full floorboards-again, does anyone know when the Breeze came out?

First all wheel disc brakes-how about the same high performance machines mentioned above?

First IRS-King Quad, Quadrunner 250 4x4

First dual-sensing engine braking system-if it wasn't for the &quot;dual-sensing&quot;, Grizzly 600 had it before Polaris did.

On the other hand, couldn't they add to their list- First with steel braided brake lines. I don't think there are any other production machines with this on standard. How about-First liquid cooled 4x4, the Trailboss 350L of '93. Was the Kaw Bayou 400 out yet? I thought the Bayou 400 came out in '94. Well that's all I have to say. Just thought I'd share my thoughts. Rooster.

Old 08-13-2002, 08:10 PM
Range Rover

How about the first to build a utility quad that was fit to ride over rough terrain?

The Japanese utility quads were more reliable (maybe) then the 96 SP, but they were a generation behind in development. Polaris couldn't compete against Honda (or even Yamaha) for reliability, so they used a different tactic - innovation. And most of us appreciate the results.

Compare the 96 SP with the 96 models offered by the Japanese and decide which is most like the machines being built today.

Being loyal to Polaris has nothing to do with this opinion. I'd be glad to own a Rincon or a 660 Grizzly, or even some of the new solid axel machines. But without some of Polaris’ “firsts”, we’d be still riding those early Japanese bone rattlers.

Old 08-13-2002, 10:00 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

ebel
very, VERY well put!
AMEN man!

oh yea, LONG LIVE POLARIS![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 08-14-2002, 01:42 AM
Pro Rider

Wow! If Polaris weren't the first to come out with most of these innovations, then why would they advertise this on their site?

Is there a good reason as to why a company would brag in such a way?

Anyway like Isaid before it don't matter much to me as who's first. All I know is that innovations is a good thing most of the time, problem is my machine doesn't have them all.:-)