Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Let the Bashing begin!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2002, 11:39 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Maybe if the suspension bottoms out on a hard landing they'll say,"although it bottomed out,thre was no harsh jarring hit".(Z400 reviews,remeber that?!)

Old 08-08-2002, 11:40 PM
Weekend Warrior

<< I don't know about you guys, but I can't wait until they do a shootout with a regular production machine. I'm sure it will be fair (yeah, right!) and mostly devoted to bashing on the Polaris. >>

Let's face it, whether it be Polaris, or any other company who chooses NOT to pay mega advertising $$, the magazine will do poor reviews as an &quot;incentive&quot; to put forward advertising dollars to get better reviews.

It's a sick practice, and it's completely wrong, and misleading. They are not preaching the truth, they are advocating a maffia like business attitude.
I can ONLY IMAGINE what Suzuki has paid in advertising $$$, because apparently the Z400 can do no wrong.

I have an interest in another hobby , and I read something from a magazine reviewer that sickened me. Here's right from the horses mouth: He said that they are given products to review every month. Every month, they test it. If the products gets a poor review and the manufacturer is a paid advertiser, the review is simply not run, and the reviewer himself gets no money.

Then again, who really gives a shi! what Dirt Wheels thinks. 9 times out of 10 I prefer my own personal choice over anything any magazine tells me is better.

Run whatcha brung, and be happy about it.
If it's the best choice for you, then it's the best.

FH

Old 08-09-2002, 12:05 AM
Pro Rider

<< Only certain companies can make &quot;low tech pushrod engines&quot;(except they're tilted forward for a lower center of gravity in Honda's case) and not offer reverse(it's a high performance machine, who needs reverse?as long as it's a Honda) >>

a high performance honda (400EX) doesn't use pushrods, nor do they tilt the engine forward. tilting an engine forward is mainly done on 4X4's for increased ground clearance.

Old 08-09-2002, 12:12 AM
Pro Rider

Oh, don't worry Mike, Dirtwheels will be sure to slam the Predator for the extra 20lbs (over a Raptor). Come &quot;shoot-out&quot; time the gloves will come off, I just wonder which quad they will give a BJ to. Not the Honda - too gutless. Not the Yamaha - too tippy. Not the Cannondale - too expensive. Not the Polaris - it's a Polaris. Yeah, I bet they are still going to be talking up the Z400/KFX400 machines.

We should turn this thread into the top uses for a Hi-Torque publication... here's my ideas:
1) alternative to nature's TP when out riding
2) fiction reading for K-6 grades
3) stuffing for wet boots
4) examples in a jounalism college course on how NOT to write for furthering one's career
5) kitty box liner

add your own if you please...

Old 08-09-2002, 12:14 AM
Pro Rider

Damn,the 400ex must have crooked engine if it isn't slanted forwards.Ground clearance? You must mean center of gravity is why they are slanted,to increase wieght on the front for hill climbs.

Old 08-09-2002, 12:16 AM
Pro Rider

the 400EX engine is not slanted forwards. this increases G/C as well as lowering the center of gravity.

Old 08-09-2002, 12:24 AM
Pro Rider

Rincon,I just looked at 400ex to make sure,and there is no way that that cylinder is perpindicular to the ground.

Old 08-09-2002, 12:25 AM
Trailblazer

With all due respect, why do Polaris fans (and others) fuss about the &quot;high price&quot; of the Rincon and then compare it to the P650 which is $600 less rather than compare it to the SP700 which is a hundred less or the Quest which if I remember right is around the same number. Honda wasn't the first to break the $7K barrier. At least for that amount, they are actually offering more technology rather than just more CCs.

If you prefer Polaris or some other brand, fine, but make an honest argument.

I just hope the Rincon transmission holds up, because it's going to be painful to pay to fix. The Rincon will be the next beast in my stable. Next year though. Might be below $7K otd by then.

Old 08-09-2002, 12:32 AM
Pro Rider

I liked the way the plastic wrapped around the gas tank. I could grip it with my knees much the same way the seat wraps around the DS gas tank. I did think the front shocks were stiff, but I like soft front shocks, it's called suspension, if there is 12&quot; of travel, I want to use it. I do think a pair of works triple rates would be better than the Fox shocks, but backing off on the preload might work too. The Predator shifted just fine, I did miss one shift, but I was wearing boat shoes, and I miss shifts occasionally anyway. We were riding production machines, I think, though the real production machines, the ones we will be selling and buying, won't be out till November.
......Yes, the magazines will bash the Predator, despite the fact that this is what they have been begging Polaris to do for a long time. On the flip side, Polaris should play the game and put some advertising money into these magazines, sometimes you just gotta pay to play.....
[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img]

Old 08-09-2002, 01:29 AM
Weekend Warrior

hey onlyhondas im just curious exactly what kind of technology you feel the honda is offering that the sp700 isn't
if you ask me honda is just putting a higher price on a smaller quad[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]isgust

Quick Reply: Let the Bashing begin!!!!!