Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Let the Bashing begin!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2002, 12:09 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

onlyhondas

o ok i was just wondering because i dont kno too much about hondas so i just thought id ask

Old 08-10-2002, 12:27 AM
Pro Rider

biggin- i know the 400EX motor is slightly slanted forwards, but i ment like 45 degrees, like my Kodiak. slanting an engine like my Kodiak increases Ground Clearance, as well as creating a lower centre of gravity. so we're both right. the Rincon will blow a sportsman outta the water in a drag race, so i wouldn't make fun of them Hairback357.

Knowsalot said that behind his dealership they raced a Rincon and a p650 they tied, but when they reved them up a little with the brakes on, on the line, that the Rincon beat the p650 by a quads length. and if it beats the p650 i know it'll beat the sp700 because we raced the p650 and the sp700 down the pavement. both quads were new, one had 30KM, and the other had 5 miles on it.

i'm just happy that honda gave it a new look, the rest of the line up looks kinda the same, not that this is a bad thing but it's nice to have different looking quads from Honda

Old 08-10-2002, 02:34 AM
Pro Rider

I think I'll just give it a few months before judgeing anything.I'd rayher go by word of mouth than what a mag has to say about it.

Old 08-10-2002, 08:59 AM
Pro Rider

RINCON,

Now we just can't have that! Their (Honda's) top of the line ute quad beating their top of the line sport quad. I mean there are documented cases where a Prairie has beaten stock 400EXs and if the Rincon is just as fast, well.... I'd be willing to bet that Honda has something on the drawing board in the form of a bigger sport quad. They are now officially the slowest sport quad on the market. They have to do something, even Polaris is beating them!

Old 08-10-2002, 01:50 PM
Range Rover

well you said that a pre production wasnt fair well what about the Z-400 they tested that and it was a pre production and what do you expect dirt wheels to do lie DIRT WHEELS IS A GREAT MAGAZINE i love dirt wheels mag they tell the truth and the preditor is the first polaris to not have reverse and it can only race in one class the open you guys are just mad they found something wrong they found things wrong with the Z but that is there job let them do it.......and also didnt dirtwheels give the sportsaman like half the magizine they dont hate polaris

Old 08-10-2002, 03:24 PM
Pro Rider

i agree, the sp500 won every shoot-out from '98 (against the 600 grizz) up until now.

Mike- Knowsalot has drag raced the Rincon and the p650, those were the results. the 400EX might be the slowest in a drag race on a flat road, but guess what on the MX track it is the best, along with the c'dale, and mabey the z-400. one guy siad this before, and i'll say it again not many people can hold their quad at full throtle for 5 seconds on a MX track, so it has all the power they need. although i hope that honda will release a new sport quad soon, for bragging rights mostly.

Old 08-10-2002, 04:54 PM
Weekend Warrior

all you guys think polaris makes great sport quads when all the other brands have always been better the polaris. even polaris' utility quads stink. the stink 2WD predator weighs 420 lbs. it is 500cc. where on earth is it going to race? it is a waste of money.

Old 08-10-2002, 05:55 PM
Pro Rider

Oh Lord,another flaming newbie!Go get a job at DW.

Old 08-10-2002, 07:46 PM
Pro Rider

Just the facts, please, just the facts. Like I just got my issue of ATV ACTION Mag, the other Hi-torque mag, with the pre-production article on the Predator and a test of the Rincon. SO, did we mean ATV ACTION and not DIRTWHEELS?
....The Predator is a little heavy, but much lighter than a DS, and probably the same weight as a Raptor with a wider axle and a-arms and real tires. Why a 500cc? Racing versions would be better off at 440cc for more classes. I asked one of the development engineers if they were planning any sleeved down versions for racers,,,,he said he didn't know...I would think the other way, this motor could be bigger, a lot bigger. There may be a 650 Predator not to far off. I bet the aftermarket guys are already scratching their chins on this one! I think this motor has room to grow. This is not a small quad, and it is not lightly built. I don't see it with a smaller displacement engine. There may be some 60 hp Predators by next summer! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img]

Old 08-10-2002, 09:01 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

polarissucks12,
just curious, what do you ride and for all of us, where are you from?

Quick Reply: Let the Bashing begin!!!!!