Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Predator in Dirt Wheels

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2002, 11:46 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Man, Polaris even paid for a huge ad insert and they still give them a drab review.

The whole article read like: Yeah,Yeah, it's pretty fast, will outrun the raptor, will out handle the 400ex, no big deal, some kind of fancy steering, probably won't hold up, basic engine, basic suspension platform, no reverse, blah, blah, blah.

But somehow the dohc Z400 is a revolutionary hot rod powerplant that defies the laws of internal combustion as we know them. The suspension is capable of leaping tall buildings in a single bound. And although not as good as the 400ex, it's the best handling machine on the planet!

Old 08-27-2002, 11:52 AM
Trailblazer

don't even bother reading the Mags. they are getting more bias by the Month! I think they should commend Polaris for entering the High-Performance section of the industry. I think they did an outstanding job on the Polaris. i mean just the manuel clutch speaks for itself!

Old 08-27-2002, 11:53 AM
Pro Rider

You have a point. I was kinda mad when they did that. Dirtwheels still doesn't have the ***** to congratulate polaris for their new beast that will dominate all.

Old 08-27-2002, 11:57 AM
Trailblazer

<< dominate all. >>

we'll see!

Old 08-27-2002, 12:36 PM
Elite Pro Rider

Brent and Scram, I totally agree, that's why you've got the mag and I don't....let the old subscription run out. I'll be scanning it at the store, and leaving it there also. I'm not looking for favoritism, just some unbiased (kinda Consumer Reports-ish) testing and reviews. Shoot it straight, and keep the wine and dine biases to themselves.

I'm presently working on factualizing a rumor that someone was awarded a Polaris Predator racing deal. If this is true.....IF. This could be REALLY cool.

Ken

Old 08-27-2002, 12:37 PM
Pro Rider

I haven't read the article in Dirtwheels and will admit that I am NOT a Polaris fan. But.... I think the Predator looks like an awesome machine if the hype is close to being true. I'm glad to see that Polaris has entered the conventional sport/high performance ATV market and I'm even happier to see them beat Honda to the punch.

No matter how the Predator stacks up against the competition it is still competition that will help to drive the marketplace. Kudos to Polaris!!!

Old 08-27-2002, 01:31 PM
Pro Rider

Honda will break their backs

KNOWSALOT said the new honda will please the MX guys, can you say 450F??
i hope so!

Trending Topics

Old 08-27-2002, 01:34 PM
'5 minutes worth of planning equals 30 minutes of execution'

I am not renewing my subscription.. The mags are biased and I will no longer be reading Dirt Wheels.

Old 08-27-2002, 02:50 PM
Pro Rider

i got 4 MAGS in ONE day that put the PREDATOR on front page,some of them like all terrain vehicule mag even said it was the best sport/high performance quad they tried so far included cannondale on top of the list to compare with,can i call it PREDATOR FEVER!?

Old 08-27-2002, 03:00 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Don't feel so bad, The best compliment the DS650 ever got was that it &quot;soaks up the big bumps well&quot;. And we all know how the DS has prooven itself to be a Fierce competitor!

I (personally) cannot trust a quad that comes with ALOT of HYPE anyway. From my experience...the more HYPE the more DISAPOINTMENT.

Biggerisbetter.

Quick Reply: Predator in Dirt Wheels