Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

700 owners, yet another problem

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2002, 10:26 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

hey guys, its me again. I just thought I'd throw it out there that I narrowly missed losing all my coolant on my 700, you may want to check yours to make sure yours isn't wearing through the radiator hose.
If you look in the front fenderwell on the left side, find where the upper radiator hose leaves the radiator. follow it back until it passes behind a vertical frame support or whatever its called. The back side of this support has a sharp edge, and my hose rubbed on it until it wore through. They obviously must have anticipated this possibility, because they put a piece of plastic wire loom stuff around the hose to protect it. It wore through that first. Luckily I saw it just as it started to seep. Its $39 for a new hose from Polaris, and I couldn't find one at the auto parts store. Its 3/4 all the way to the back where it necks up to 1". I bought a 3/4 to 3/4 hose fitting, cut the hose right at the leak, put the fitting in, clamped it back together and its all good. For now I wrapped a bunch of duct tape around that vertical rail, but I think I will zip-tie a piece of rubber hose to it.
I think I'm on my fourth (!) gallon of antifreeze with this POS.

Not a biggie, but I also lost a bolt from the exhaust heat shield, causing a rattling vibrating sound that will drive you insane.

On a positive note, I love my highlifter kit. Still got the stock 25s, but I can clear anything! Rode it pretty hard for about a hundred miles, not a bit of trouble and nothing loosened up. I can't wait for the 28s!

Old 09-25-2002, 01:13 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey Northstar,
Thanks for the heads up. I just ran out to my garage to check on my 700 and sure enough, just as you described, deep wear on the rad hose on the vert frame.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]
I'm so glad that I found this because we are getting ready to leave on another long trip to northern Ontario.

Thank's again

Brad Iles