Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Top end rebuild questions

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2002, 06:37 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

the wiseco is a much much higher quality piston.

Old 10-02-2002, 07:02 PM
Pro Rider

Alky,
Talk to bubba297, I know he does port jobs on the side. Very good attention to detail type of work.

Old 10-02-2002, 07:55 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Alky, I would like to have your job whatever it may be. Nice list of goodies you have there. As Lee said I do the Polaris port work. Have had an ebay listing for quite a long time and have done many many of them. I do all my own port work and would put my race porting on the 400 against any of them.Send me an email at ramseydb@***-internet.com or a private message if you would be interested. It would be far cheaper than anyone else I promise. Bubba[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 10-03-2002, 06:45 PM
Pro Rider

You want my job? [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] As they say, the grass is always greener...
McDonald's isn't really that great of a place to work. Basically, there is a lot of stupid credit card companies that trust me with credit. What idiots[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]! Okay, (head hung in shame), I still live at home. I am only 21 though.

My problem is I have 3 best friends. One races EZ street and plays around with a little street drag racing. You should see the look on the Fast and Furious wanna be's faces when an ol' farm truck (has farm tags because they are cheaper) makes them look bad. Its fun to beat an 18 year old (VERY badly) and have his girl ask to ride around with me. On the dyno, the engine turned about 1.75 horse per ci (let you do the math) without any power adder. I never can seem to remember just how much that N2O fogger system adds.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Another friend races TT. So, I built the TT banshee. I am currently building a sand/dirt/street drag 525cc banshee on alky/nitro or alky/N2O. This thing will be a rocket, he,he,he.

My other friend always tries to outdo me with our playbikes. I had the 250x and he bought a 400ex. He went to a 440ex so I built the 410. He bought a raptor, so I bought the second banshee and started tricking it out. He keeps adding things so I do too. He has yet to beat me. THe last addition was a dyna ignition. With stock ports and pump gas, this thing will really stand straight up in sixth with me (270 lbs) on it.

I will pm you bubba.

Old 10-04-2002, 12:31 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

Hey, whatever it takes to get the job done. When the family add on came 9 years ago, I had to give up some of the expensive habits like my altered drag car (9.20 at 142mph with a flat tappet cam 331 cid chevy), and a few years ago my 70 chevelle drag car (377cid chevy 10.20's at 128mph). Drag racing is my first true love, and I will have another within a couple of years. The 4-wheelers kind of filled the gap for now and the $$$ weren't near the same. I bet the farm truck really kicks butt and I would love to cruise in it. Let me know on the port stuff.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] Bubba

Old 10-04-2002, 04:36 PM
Pro Rider

That chevelle sounds pretty quick. There is no local 1/4 mile tracks around here. My friend's '72 chevelle runs low-mid 5's on the 1/8 mile. I know my truck can't run that on the track, but I beat him on the street. I am always TT racing on the weekends, and haven't ever took my truck to the track, so I don't have any slips.

A local 1/8 mile track started letting 4 wheelers run. That is what the drag banshee will be for. I hope to get into the 5.90 bracket. Man, that thing will be a ride!

The farm truck is fun to cruise, but with manual steering, no air, manual valve body, spooled rear-end, ladder bar/coil over rear, drag shocks on the front, 5" wide front wheels, 28X13.5 rear slicks, and a huge solid roller, it is a handfull on the street. I still drive it almost every weekend though.

A bunch of friends have talked about going to an old drag strip at Paragould, AR. If we decide to, I will holler at you and see if you want to come over there.

Old 10-06-2002, 01:11 PM
Range Rover

Het PeterinAZ, if you do decide on a port job, I can tell you personally that Bubba does a damn good job. Did the one for my bike and I was impressed. I really was a little hesitant at first to send it, but I did and I couldn't be happier with the results. Very clean job.

Old 10-06-2002, 03:04 PM
Trailblazer

I have no doubt that Bubba would do a great port job because he helped me diagnose the problems and anticipated what I'd find. The TB250 is driven by a 12-year-old boy and he gets in enough trouble with a stock machine so I'm not interested in porting and other mods. I've taken the cylinder to be rebored and now waiting to get it back and reassemble. It turns out, as Bubba said, that the small brass oil fitting in the cylinder was clogged. I've bled the oil line (with new filter)and pump so I should be ready to put it all back together. The kid's dad paid for my labor in beer and booze so what are the chances something will get installed backwards?
Thanks again to Bubba and Polaris Mech.

Old 10-06-2002, 09:53 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Bayoublaster, thank you for the compliment. My wife accidentally erased you e-mail and I have been waiting for you to post a reply to see how the quad was doing. But i guess after reading that one it's doing fine. Glad your happy with it.Bubba