Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Hair Dryer

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2002, 06:00 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That is a little strange. Okie, what's your wife do?[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

My wife has been doing hair now for 15 years. Somehow, it's nearly impossible for me to get a haircut.

Old 10-04-2002, 06:36 PM
Pro Rider

Hey guys, um, as bad as I hate to admit this, it is a true story. It all started when Kelly (male), Snoop (he's white, its a long story), and I each threw in $10 to buy a '78 pinto. We were all about 16 and stupid. We thought the old 2.3 looked runable, but it wouldn't start up. We were slightly safer because we took the hood off. Next we removed the wind sheild. This allowed one of us to sit on the firewall and spray either directly into the carb to keep it running as we took off down the road into town. Soon we went from either to gas in a spray bottle so we could get a fine mist. It worked fine and we made it into town (about 1 mile). Come to find out, the cam didn't have much lobe left on the intake side (typical of this engine) so it couldn't pull the gas in. Luckily, the engine never backfired, although with a bad cam it should've, and no one got hurt. I am glad I am all grown up and so much wiser now (only about 4-5 years later)[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img].

Old 10-04-2002, 06:48 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

LMFAO!

I know, we all do stupid things when we were young, and wonder how in the hell we lived this long!LOL. I once had a tie-rod fall down on my 72' CHevy pick-up when reverseing in a field and used a piece of Bialing wire(of the farmers fence mind you) to tie it up and get me home. Being a dumbass kid I did'nt want NOT to drive my truck, so I never told my dad about it and never fixed it. I went for another six months, tearing up the roads, with FREAKIN bailing wire holding my tie-rod on. I sold the truck for $400.00, and totally forgot to tell the guy about it. I sure hope he didn't find out the hard way!

Biggerisbetter.

Old 10-04-2002, 07:06 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My wife......well she doesnt work...OOOOOOOOPS.....sorry DEAR.....she is a home maker?!?!?! Our house is already built. She cant "make" it any more. Glad she doesnt read this. Man how many okies in here? We are going to have to ride together someday.

Bigger....
I carry a roll of tie wire when I hit the serious trails, just for stunts like yours!

Old 10-04-2002, 10:07 PM
Pro Rider

kd5hrm....I didn't get a PM. But I do agree, we all need to get together and ride somewhere. Where is the best place in NE Okla? I live in Chouteau Hills and there are trails all over the place out here. All on Corps of Engineer land. Its not bad. I'm sure there is better, just a suggestion.

Jimmy

Old 10-04-2002, 10:12 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Doesnt matter to me. Brent and I have been near Wilburton. I like it down there. Cant speak for Brent.

Old 10-05-2002, 09:56 AM
Pro Rider

hey brent, I live up north where there aint much riding places, is there a lot there? I would move down there, but my wife is an accountant. Can she keep doing that, or does she have to go to school to be a hairstylist?
I see by your picture that you really need a haircut.

Old 10-05-2002, 10:00 AM
Pro Rider

biggerisbetter,
You aren't the only one to make your own "tie" rod. I have it on good authority that mechanics wire works quite well.

Old 10-05-2002, 10:33 AM
Pro Rider

thanks guys!! this is some of the funnieast **** i have ever read, lmafao!!!

my pictures

Old 10-05-2002, 01:01 PM
Pro Rider

Ridig in the mountains was great! One problem, you really nead a 4x4 to enjoy it, and I sold mine. I would love to have you all up to Keystone. It not huge, but a great one day riding area. If everyone would look at their callenders for a good time this winter for you, let me know a Saturday you would like to do it. I'll bring the grill and cook burgers, byob. it will need to be after mid December for me, I would really like to wait for the new quad before we do it.

Quick Reply: Hair Dryer