Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Preditors at Silver Lake Saturday 10/12

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2002, 10:53 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Preditors at Silver Lake Saturday 10/12

ScramblerX and I had a great weekend at the dunes,a bit cool but still nice.

We were drag racing, ScramblerX was on my 99 and up beside him pulls a preditor. We were shocked.
Just to back up what has been said in the past, The Preditors were easily beating ALL other 4 strokes by at least a couple bike lengths. You name it 400EX,Raptors, DS 650, Z400, there was even a KFX400.
About the only things that could hold up to it were Modded Banshees and 1 heavily modded 250R that was there.
Note: Just thought I would mention that 1 preditor was using skat trac Haulers and one was using MAXXIS Razors. The rider said he things the haulers gave more straight line pull.

My 99 stuck with them pretty good untill top end, Everything seemed to pull away on top, but what do you want from a 530LB 4x4. I am not sure of the distance we were going, but I know it was more than an 1/8 mile drag. Probably 1/4 mile. Anyway we have some pics , POSTED in My Picsnone from Saturday unfortunately (Camera Batteries were dead and charged overnight).

Old 10-14-2002, 02:20 AM
Elite Pro Rider

Hey Bubba, interesting info. Were they Tom and Jerry....the factory boys? Or were they privately owned units? When you say Hot Seat speed kit, do you have any porting? Probably gonna be at Silver lake this coming weekend....can you make it? Sure would like to line up against my future ride.

Ken

Old 10-14-2002, 09:39 AM
Pro Rider

Modquad
I did not catch there names but they were certainly factory guys. Two older guys. They were very cool. In the parking lot was a huge polaris Preditor trailer in tow by a Polaris Dodge ram.
The atvs also had manufacture plates on them.

As far as my 2000 4x4 w/the hot seat kit, no it has no porting(pipe,jetting,clutching), I have gave that bike to my wife and she did not come. The bike we had there was my 99 4x4 with the AAEN kit (It is supposed to be ported) I bought it used w/stage 4 kit. ScramblerX had his 2002 500 X 4x2 there also w/ just a white brothers muffler, It was also very competitive.

I don't think we will be able to make it this coming weekend but if things change I will let you know. Also note: They did NO sound checks this weekend,I am running a FMF turbine Core II.
There were also some HEAVILY MODDED banshees out there that were very loud. Make sure you are spark arrested and should have no problems.

Old 10-14-2002, 12:26 PM
Pro Rider

I was very impressed by the predator. I was on Buba's quad to see how well it would do with a lighter rider (no offense Buba[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] ) I had no idea that a predator had pulled up next to me, I was busy concentrating on the flag. I had a great launch and was ahead of everyone (his 63hp big bore 4x4 has one hell of a launch). About mid track out of the corner of me eye I see POLARIS on the seat of a quad passing me, I took a second look and realized it was a Predator (HOLY SH@T) as he sand blasted me from that point on. The predators were easily beating every stock to lightly modded machine out there. I went to their trailer later in the day to get a better look at the Predators and finally got a chance to sit on one, it sure fits me nice.

Old 10-14-2002, 12:53 PM
Pro Rider

Question is how stock were the preds? No doubt the Polaris guys were showing off to build interest, they have private test tracks when they do not wish you to see the wares. I guess they will be fast but I would say not to judge based on the Factory Prepped Per-Production quad. Not telling what displacement or cam they were running plus the motors were probably blue printed and ported.

Not saying anything bad I am sure the Pred will be on heck of a quad just I know what we did when we tested for Polaris.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 10-14-2002, 01:39 PM
Pro Rider

The question was asked. These two machine were Production level (so they said).
One had a White Bros Muffler and the other had a stock muffler. That is about all you could tell from looking at them. I understand DAIMON but I would hope polaris would not be out showing these off, and then when they go prodution they don't peform like people have been witnessing. What you say is posible I guess.

Old 10-14-2002, 05:36 PM
Pro Rider

I used to test for polaris, I had a Cyclone, don't know if you rememder those it was polaris's first attempt at a sport quad. We had it overboard and ported pluss a bunch of clutch work. It would flat eat everything going at the time. Anyone who asked was told it was pure stock.
Trust me they will have added something, how bad would it look for 2 factory test riders to get eaten up. Plus why would the be there? Advertising, you want one now right? and so do many others that saw them.

I am not saying it is wrong it is what you do to sell bikes. Honda used to send an 18 wheeler and a team of engineers to the MAG test and then any thing the rider said was not right was fixed the bike was rejetted and the shocks were set.
Polaris would tell them go to such and such dealer and pick one up. It did not take Polaris long to start bringing a "stock bike" from the factory and a few people to the test. It was the only way to even the field with the japs at the time.
I do not know if this is still done or not.

Old 10-14-2002, 05:53 PM
Pro Rider

Does that mean the predator will be at the Badlands in Attica this coming up weekend ? Cause thats when i am going and i hope to see it there since it is kinda in the area. Only Time Will Tell

Old 10-14-2002, 05:54 PM
Elite Pro Rider

Hmmm, interesting. I too was told the one I rode was totally stock, as you would see it on the showfloor, time will tell. Are they using a physical poke test to check for a spark arrestor? About what diameter is it if they are. I'm o.k. on the sound, just got to get the arrestor issue handled. Even put a coat of Mother's aluminum polish on the paddle rims. Sand fever surfaces again!!!!! I sure wish I could've been there.

Ken

Old 10-14-2002, 06:16 PM
Pro Rider

daimon
I certainly see what your saying. I can say this much. If this bike does not live up to the reputation it is quickly gaining from what everyone is seeing, and what Polaris is adverticeing. It will be a HUGE slap in the face for Polaris. There has been A LOT of people waiting for this bike. If these display bikes are modded and production units don't hold up to the other HI PO sport quads, Polaris will probably end up loosing a large amount of sales in the long run. Also loose some very loyal customers. There is a large amount of people waiting for this PRODUCTION bike to fall on its face, and if and when it does the RAGS will be there to knock it down, Unless POLARIS PAYS THEM of course.

Modquad
Yes we wish you could have been there also. From what I have seen yes they are using the stick method. I think it was a little smaller than a pencil but I really didnt pay much attention. I don't know why but they just looked at my Turbine Core II and waved me through, They never put a stick in it, Must be the end cap????????, Come to think of it they waved me on through with my old HOT SEAT Silencer too in the summer.

Quick Reply: Preditors at Silver Lake Saturday 10/12