Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Hey i saw the pretator yesterday looked pretty kewl and i just have a few questions

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2002, 07:51 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hey i saw the pretator yesterday looked pretty kewl and i just have a few questions

lol Hover650, you crack me up. ur statement bout the pred not being any new innovations and such. i totally disagree with ur statement

(source from the PRED official site)

RACES ARE WON OR LOST IN THE CORNERS. SO ARE FRIENDS

When we set out to build the ultimate, uncompromised performance quad, we zeroed in on the weakest link in competitive machines: steering. Traditional steering geometry has inherent problems of unwanted bump steer and white-knuckle handling. Predator turns the corner on steering geometry with PRO Steering. By incorporating a unique, computer- designed linkage, the new PRO Steering system creates a strategic pivot point for the steering arms, virtually eliminating bump steer, while optimizing steering ratio. The result is easier steering effort, superior control, a tight turning radius and the ability to brake hard into corners without diving. In short, a system so stable it turns, jumps, slides and tracks with total precision. In every corner, over every whoop, PRO Steering lets you stay on the power and walk away from your competition…friend or foe.

ZERO BUMP STEER

If you feel like you’re in a corner, you’re not on a Predator. On competitive machines, as you lean into a corner or nose into a whoop, it feels like the quad is steering you instead of the other way around. That’s unwanted toe change or bump steer. It’s measured in inches on other ATVs. On Predator, with its advanced PRO Steering linkage, it’s measured in fractions of an inch, even at full compression.

ANTI-DIVE SUSPENSION

Competitive quads dive as the brakes are applied. When cornering this ‘dive’ results in lifting the inside rear wheel, forcing you to corner slower. Predator has anti-dive, which results in improved braking especially in corners. The Predators unique, patent-pending suspension geometry transfers more braking force to the chassis through the a-arms, not the spring. With this unique suspension system the chassis stays level, the wheels stay on the ground, and you stay on the power.

i dont see a DS650 having that?! do you?! dint think so. also the pred stock is faster than a raptor 660r, 400ex, Z400 and has a higher top speed than the 660R(tops out 71-72mph) while the pred tops out at 76mph.
dont believe me?! go here
http://predator.polarisindustries.com/techdata.asp
click on the chart 1, you will see how the PRO works with a graph showing bump steer. wow the raptor and 400ex has LOTS bump steer where the pred has practically none. also click on chart 2
you will c the standing stop to top speed graph. wow look the raptor 660r is slower than the pred 500. by bou5 5mph, which the pred also gets there a lot faster than the raptor. the pred seems to be the top accelerator all throughout the 0 - 75mph mark.

thats a powerfull 500 engine, in one of the best suspended chassis, with one of the best steering systems, with one of the best shocks (fox shocks), with one of the best tires (maxxis razor) with one of the best rims (douglas) which is lighter than a ds 650. and the position you sit on it, is practically perfect. so comfortable, its easy to ride all day and not feel tired or soar. and once HPD, or any other polaris mod people come out with performance mods for the pred. u will b running, and all u will c is the back end of the pred.

Old 10-28-2002, 08:13 PM
Pro Rider
Default Hey i saw the pretator yesterday looked pretty kewl and i just have a few questions

Im talking about Drag Racing....I dont care what the official site says...it also states all kinds of false dyno facts....Face it Polaris sucks...the only bike Ive liked from polaris is the Scrambler 500 4x4....its a do anything bike...but the predator....big joke

Old 10-28-2002, 08:46 PM
Range Rover

lol, wow please have more of a narrow vision towards things...

....tell me, explain your logic on how polaris sucks(without saying sucks), try and think at a grade 10 or higher lvl too.

Old 10-28-2002, 09:04 PM
Pro Rider

REASONS POLARIS IS $hitty:
-SLOW
-FALL APART ON A REGUALR BASIS
-IT SAYS POLARIS ON THE SIDE OF THE BIKE

Old 10-28-2002, 09:46 PM
Pro Rider

Looks like to me someone is ignorant.If Polaris is so bad why were they 2nd in ATV sales last year.Someone better get their head out of their butt and not make up retarded comments about Polaris.A quad is not judged
by its speed alone. I would like to see if your DS-650 can handle like the predator does.

Old 10-28-2002, 10:27 PM
Range Rover

elbongo

.....after extensive mods.....mabey......but i doubt

lol hoover650, mabe your just ticked off that some modded scrammy 400 or sport 400 had whipped ur ds650 so hard, u had to clean out all the dust and sand from your airfilter when u stopped, and stop crying.

really, if polaris made quads that fell apart, then why are they #2 on the spot, and closing in FAST to the #1 spot? or slow, HA, far from it. i feel a lot more comfertable going through trails quite fast on a quad with IRS, but a little slower than a heavy, wide, step-through design quad(not trying to offend anyone) the sportsmans have been and when they first came out with IRS was the best handling sport/utility, taking bumps with greatest of ease at highspeeds, without any troubles. sure as hell beats a solid swing arm axle.

and because it says polaris on the side?! wow, that clearly demonstrates how mature, arrogant, and self-centered person who knocks other peoples ride because of a brand name?! you are one pathetic person.

and your response was at a grade 6 lvl, that had no logic in it.

Old 10-28-2002, 10:46 PM
Range Rover

ok, a have a number of things to say here...
first of all, you guys really need to stop berating each other for your opinions. just because someone does or doesn't like a certain brand doesn't make them a "pathetic" or bad person, or any type of person for that matter, just someone with an opinion.
now, for my opinion... (and i've owned a number of polaris quads). I admit i am skeptical of the new polaris, but i'm keeping my fingers crossed. i think it will probably handle fairly well even though it's a bit heavy. it seems like most of the manufacturers put detuned engines in quads, so i'm guessing the Pred wouldn't be able to take my piped 'shee and will probably hang with the other current 4 stroke quads. but i doubt it will be "preying" on them, as one magazine put it. and as far as the official site goes, every mag claims that their products are more powerful and faster (except for honda, they can't make that claim) than the other guy's. so don't put too much stock into what the "official sites" say, even in their dyno tests and such. they always find a way to make it sound lighter and faster than it really is, even if that means taking modded machines out to race people (calling them stock) to create interest in the machine. the bottom line is that we will have to wait and see how it performs in the real world, racing and recreational riding, and yes, magazine shootouts. (i know, some of you think those shootouts are rigged... but you're entitled to your opinion!)
personally, i'm not a fan of this new 4 stroke revolution. i'm still waiting for a machine that get my adrenaline flowing like my 'Shee, and i have yet to see one. ... but here's to hoping!
lastly, i'm sick of the manufacturers selling more quads than dirt bikes, sleds, and street bikes combined (at least that was true as of last year... someting like 51% to 49%) and pouring all the sales money into R&D for motocross bikes and street bikes. quads fund their development for their racing programs. i wish they would give us a real hi performance quad for once (with the exception of cannondale) and stop producing recreation quads under the guise of hi-performance machines. ... just my opinion.

Old 10-28-2002, 10:49 PM
Range Rover

by the way, can someone please give me a new icon! this one is so stupid! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 10-28-2002, 10:59 PM
Pro Rider

Well Hoover

If my Polaris is so slow you DS must be worse

We repeatedly beat a DS650 BAJA w/Pro Circuit Slip On in drags with my 99 400 FOURxFOUR. He took me top end but the race was over by then. Preds came by just past mid range.

In fact my buddies Scrambler X with just a Slip On White Bros E series muffler beat that DS.
Don't get me wrong I trully like the DS 650 great bike, just don't be so judgeMENTAL.
Oh, and yes the DS at silver lake had paddles.

Old 10-28-2002, 11:18 PM
Trailblazer

I have got a friend who hates polaris as bad as MOTO-X does and he has seen the pred in action, He said it was hard to believe how impressive it was overall except for the plastic ? Someone must have had an bad day ,thats what I always tell my buddy. everyone has thier opinions and some people don't know how to controll thier ignorance in ways of telling what they think!!! I'm not trying to make anyone mad , so take no offence. Polarisdudee, Talis,Elbongo, very well said!! later dudes.....

Quick Reply: Hey i saw the pretator yesterday looked pretty kewl and i just have a few questions