Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Hey i saw the pretator yesterday looked pretty kewl and i just have a few questions

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2002, 12:34 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hey i saw the pretator yesterday looked pretty kewl and i just have a few questions

I don't know what all the flaming is about since no one has actually seen a production Predator yet.

I hope that it rips!!
Whenever someone comes out with a better quad it makes all the other factories step up to compete (well maybe not Honda since they seem to be in a coma!!LOL).

As far as Polaris being Sh!tty quads, I got a buddy with a sportsman 400, He never washes it, only works on it when it quits running, the last time I saw the air filter you couldn't see anything but sand. He said why clean it, it still runs!?! The point is even with all the abuse it still runs & is the designated tow quad at the dunes (the auto trans makes it easier to tow with).

Would I want a Scrambler? No. I like my Raptor.
But I hope that the Preadator is as good as all the hype says it is. Maybe the big boys will open the toy box & give us quads to compete with it.

It sounds like a win win situation for us!

Old 10-29-2002, 01:54 AM
Range Rover
Default Hey i saw the pretator yesterday looked pretty kewl and i just have a few questions

themoose........... i agree.

Old 10-29-2002, 02:30 AM
Elite Pro Rider

Talis, there's constructive, informed opinions, then there's the bashing, flying off the handle ones. I agree, everyone should have differing opinions, that makes the world interesting, but the yahoos....er, I mean people who just try to be antagonistic get annoying fast. I like all the quads out there. It's really becoming an interesting market with all the new innovative designs out there.

Personally, I've taken care of a DS on nitrous with mine, and all I do is adjust the chain, and fill it with gas. I enjoy constructive debates, and do my best to respect other's opinions. We all have our faves, and that's what makes riding trips (and bench-racing) fun.

Happy riding,

Ken

Old 10-29-2002, 06:51 PM
Pro Rider

Ken, was your bike in ATV SPORT?...sure sounds like you. I just wish luck to the Polaris riders thinking they can take on my DS!

Old 10-29-2002, 07:07 PM
Pro Rider

C'mon guys don't you know everything is Bigger in Texas including hoover650's head.

I drag race a fully modded Honda 400ex and in 300ft, the only guys the put a good race on that's really close between them and me winning is Banshees with major engine work (more than pipes and air filters) and 400 Polaris fully modded to the hills also I love racing these guys. We race on both grass and class A gravel, not sand.

Haven't had a stock or modded DS, Raptor, Z400 beat me yet. The day will come though and when it does I will be the first to shake his or her hand.

Old 10-29-2002, 08:56 PM
Range Rover

hoover650,
Dang, I wish you would've told me sooner! I just put a Polaris sign on my garage...now my entire garage sucks!

Oh ****, I used 'suck'.

Does this rule apply to pole sheds, or just bikes? Please educate me with your infinite wisdom.
[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 10-30-2002, 12:22 AM
Pro Rider

interesting thread.heres my opinon..ive never been a polaris quad guy,id buy,and have bought their sleds.and i do believe polaris has the ability to build a good quad.this qua dcould turn out to be a great all-around quad,and if it handels like they say a great mx quad.i dont think stock for stock its going the spank the big bores in a drag,and i dont think itll be any differnt when there all modded,but it the 500 runs good enough to hang with them within a couple lenghts who cares.chances are itll handel better.i would like to see it turn out to be a great mx/woods quad and a really good dune quad,meaning it doesnt have to be the fastest up the hill but itll get up the hill. but wouldnt it be interesting if it gave a dale all it wanted on the race track at way less the cost?
my buddie ordered one,im going to see how it holds together and if durability is good,and it handels great,i just might be tempted

Old 10-30-2002, 01:44 AM
Elite Pro Rider

Moto, that was mine.

Sprtmn.....that's tooo funny.

Ride what you like, just be realistic when you post information.

Ken

Old 10-30-2002, 03:43 AM
Pro Rider

Buba, We ride with a sport 400L, couple of Scrambler 400's and another with 500 with a full pipe. That guy on the DS must have had something wrong with him or the quad cause these quads are in a different class than my brothers DS. Granted all are stock basically with the exception being the 500 with the pipe, jetting and has a clutch kit. But they are not even close. Just for the heck of it I raced the Scrambler in a drag it was about 15 lenth's back by 4th gear. I have not seen a done up Scrambler so I cannot speak for that but the stock ones or ones with a pipe (that I have ridden with) are not up to DS, Raptor, Banshee level as far as drag racing! I like the Scramblers so I am not bashing them I just think a 500 with a slip-on beating a DS sounds like a bad DS driver!

Nocando

Old 10-30-2002, 04:04 AM
Elite Pro Rider

When dealing with stock, or close to stock Scramblers, you are correct. We're talking about modded Scramblers, and the Predator....err, at least I was.

Ken

Quick Reply: Hey i saw the pretator yesterday looked pretty kewl and i just have a few questions