Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Winter Riding

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2002, 11:02 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Winter Riding

It should be posted.

Ya know, I am pretty sure the rules are not nearly as strict in the U.P as they are south of the bridge.
You are legal to travel all forestry road in the U.P.

Old 11-22-2002, 11:26 AM
Zak
Trailblazer
Default Winter Riding

Thanks for the info.

I wasn't sure about the orv trails up there, but I know the forestry (logging) roads are all legal to run on because I wheel my jeep on them when I am up there. The loggers even wave and smile when I go by. I just stay out of their way.

Thanks again, hope to see ya on the trials. I would love to hit Bull Gap and Mio sometime next season!!

"Z"

Old 11-22-2002, 04:25 PM
Range Rover
Default Winter Riding

galljc,

You dont much have to worry since you have over 11" of clearance with your 600 Twin...by the way, how is that thing treating you. I should have my shipped to me from the Hitching Post as of next Tuesday the 26th. I cant wait to get it and you know the Polaris has 14.25" of clearance at its highest point so go for it in the snow and tell me how it does....ride on [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]

Old 11-22-2002, 07:10 PM
Range Rover
Default Winter Riding

So far the 600 is great, a little cold blooded but once the technique is down it's no problem. I've got 47 miles on it. Two more days of riding and I can take it in for the service and get my winch installed. We don't have snow here yet so i've been riding long grass ditches. I can't wait until it's broken in so I can peg the throttle. Anyone know if it's ok to do this after the 10 hours or is it more like 20? I've only had it up to 35mph so far.

Thanks
John

Old 11-22-2002, 08:13 PM
Range Rover
Default Winter Riding

galljc,

So how does it ride at 35....I assume that is big enough that it rides great.....I called and talked to Kory today at the Hitching post and mine is on the way to them and I will have it shipped no later than 11/29/02. I wouldnt wait this long but I am going to be out of town for Turkey Day and I dont want it coming in when I am not here....I will make sure to give you some feedback on mine when it comes in.

Maybe you can post some more pics of it ?? [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 11-23-2002, 12:04 AM
Elite Pro Rider
Default Winter Riding

BubaHyde,

Are sand tires absolutly needed when riding at silver lake? I have brand new Titan 489 X/T's on right now. Also, do you get a lot of DNR there, because I want to get an HPD exhaust and I dont think that it has a spark arrestor. I usually ride in the Deckerville, Rose City, and Mio areas but would like to take a trip to Silver Lake.

Old 11-23-2002, 02:59 AM
Pro Rider
Default Winter Riding

BigBadScrambler
No, sand tires wont be a must, you will get everywere you want to go with out them, 4x4 or 4x2.
They just give you that extra forward, hold on to the bars bite that make it a bit more fun.
Not to advertise but I have 2 sets of 22-11-10 Sand Skate II that I am thinking about selling.
Anyway now they are extra because I have a set of paddles for each machine.
I had bought them to put all around my 4x4, ( TO MUCH PADDLE ) I am asking $70.00 for a set of 2 tires.
These tire are currently selling at rockymountain for $77.00 each.
They are like new with only two trips on them. Great price on a great tire.
Private Message me if anyone is interested................

As for the DNR, well they run the place. 1 when you enter the parking lot, 2 or 3 when you enter the dunes, always 2 or 3 trucks running around. So yes lots of DNR.
As for your exhaust if you are not spark arrested, they will not let you in with out one. They ck everyone.
Also note: they have a 94db random sound check. I know some people that have slid on by with neither but, seen a few turned away also. Long drive to turn around and come home.

We have a place in Hale and do the majority of our riding in the bullgap trail system also, Maybe we will see you on the trail.

Old 11-27-2002, 11:42 AM
Range Rover
Default Winter Riding

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] It's great at 35 even over moguls etc. I rode a 400 Kodiak and it bumped around alot, and you had to really work hard to keep it steady. The 600 SP chasis stays flat while the IRS soaks up whatever you toss at it. You will probably find that some 400's match or beat it off the line depending on their weight. The big difference I noticed is that when I was going 35mph on the Kodiak and nailed the throttle the bike sped up slowly. The SP 600 just say OK and takes off.

Have fun.
John