Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Funny thing about Predators

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2002, 04:53 AM
Elite Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Funny thing about Predators

Hmmm, just stopped by the largest volume Polaris dealer in Minnesota today. Asked if I should be expecting to see my new Predator any time soon. His reply was, we haven't seen any yet. We probably won't see any for another couple of weeks. Are these being imported? Possibly assembled in Mexico? Or do people have something coming out of their ears (because they could be full of it) I've been wrong before......just seems kinda funny. Is the shortest distance from Roseau via Minneapolis, or Phoenix?

Ken

Old 11-30-2002, 10:06 AM
Range Rover

I agree modquad, I'm in southern minnesota and the word down here on the Troy Lee I'm waitin on is HOPEFULLY the end of December. The polaris dealer in rochester mn doesn't even know when the regular predators are supposed to be in. I told the dealer that people are claiming to have their TL predators and he said they haven't even started on the TL's yet. I'm with you though modquad, seein as your in minneapolis and i'm in rochester you should get your predator before me since your closer to Roseau. We'll see though, I know i'll be postin more when I get mine hopefully by next year sometime.

Old 11-30-2002, 01:06 PM
Trailblazer

Guys, they have been shipped! 1000's of them. There is no apparent formula for where they are going. You could possibly see Rochester get a shipment in before Minneapolis (because a truck would not go through or stop in Minneapolis with a load going to the Northeast). It all depends on what some computer spits out in the logistics department (but it's not logical?). And Polaris doesn't have a factory in Mexico. It will only be a few days until every state has them so don't be too concerned![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 11-30-2002, 01:16 PM
Pro Rider
Old 11-30-2002, 01:26 PM
Range Rover

Ken, last summer when I bought my Scrammie I was being told that it couldn't be a 2003 because they wouldn't be out for another month, but lo and behold it was, and I damn near live at the Arctic circle. (well, it sure feels like it anyhow)

Brian

Old 11-30-2002, 02:08 PM
Pro Rider

well,the delear here in the north quebec,expect to get them december 15 on the show room floors...i'll be posting when i see it!

Old 11-30-2002, 02:38 PM
Trailblazer

My friend (JeepGuy) got his Thursday and we ride at the St.Anthony dunes yesterday, it is a nice machine. Good power, handles nice and should prove to be a winner. Check out the picture.Prediator picture It's the last picture in the album.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 12-01-2002, 06:11 AM
Elite Pro Rider

Polzook, I was being sarchastic about the Mexico comment. Thanks Bart, that makes it a little more believable. Just wondering since there have been just a few wolfs crying on previous products...hehe.

Ken

Old 12-01-2002, 06:47 PM
Weekend Warrior

Sandrider, did your buddy try to climb choke-cherry? I live in Nampa ID and have been to St. Anthony dunes twice. I could climb choke cherry on my stock 'dale. just wondering if the predator could do it? did he race any other quads? did he win or lose? let us know the details. thanks....chris

Old 12-01-2002, 11:39 PM
Trailblazer

He did not have paddle tires and he was taking it easy trying to break it in but my opinion is that with good paddle tires it will go up chokecherry ok. He only raced me, I was on my stock 400EX with paddles and I would win just because I could get moving while he spun his tires. If we did a rolling start he would pull away from me (he out weighs me by a fair amount). I don’t think it is going to beat a piped Banshee but it should be faster than a Raptor; it defiantly has a better suspension and is more stable than a Raptor. (Another friend has a Raptor that I have ridden so yes I am familiar with how they handle) I am not so sure it handles any better than my 400EX but I may change my mind if I spent more time on it, I didn’t feel right about riding my buddies new machine hard. Over all it handles well and the power is better the more you rev it.

Quick Reply: Funny thing about Predators