Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Predator at the Dunes... with video!

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2002, 02:07 AM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Predator at the Dunes... with video!

Okay, photos are UP! Actually they're screen grabs so the resolution could be better... they're 720x480 size but since they're deinterlaced you can see some jaggies.

Here's the group of 'em.

And here's a cool panoramic pic I made out of two frame grabs of Sand Mountain that for some reason didn't show up in my thumbnails page.

Rob

Old 12-10-2002, 03:04 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

Nice selection.

Are you going to go to 4 Stroke Wars? I would like to see the Predator race and to see your video after the races.

Old 12-10-2002, 09:25 AM
Trailblazer

I love the video, after break in you should shoot some more video with some jumps and races. Love the machine too, I can't wait to ride one.

Old 12-10-2002, 11:19 AM
Range Rover

Where/when is 4-stroke wars??

I'd like to get a group together to head to Sand Mountain sometime around Christmas... I'm single and have no commitments so I'm thinking about spending the 24-25-26 there.

I consider the machine pretty much broken in at this point. I'd love to do jumps but I've never done much in the way of them and need to learn how so I don't kill myself or destroy the machine in the process.

Rob

Old 12-10-2002, 12:47 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Headed to Pismo the afternoon of the 25th and plan on staying until the 30th. Come on down, we are hoping to get a group together. It is looking like a smaller group at this point but, we plan on riding the fence-line. I would think the Predator would shine on that kind of a ride.

4-stroke wars is at Glamis over Martin Luther King Weekend (Jan 18-20 2003.)

4StrokeWars - Link

This is looking like a guys trip, we will probably leave Wed the 15th after work and get 1/2 the way down there so we can get there by noon on Thursday the 16th and ride the rest of the day.

Races are on Sunday.

There will be some impressive-fast 4-strokes there.

Old 12-10-2002, 10:10 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Originally posted by: snarfblat

I like to set it up for streaming because it requires less download time, plus the videos stay on the server rather than getting downloaded and spread all over the 'net.

Rob

Umm. Not to alarm you or anything. If you put a link to a video on the internet. Anyone can download it to their computer and upload it anywhere they want. Of course legally they would need your permission to post it on the net somewhere but, It's not safe from piracy so to speak.

Nice video. Good looking quad. Would like to see one up close and personal one day. By the way, did you take your flag off my quad? [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] j/k I have the same flag for one of my rides. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] They want everyone to use red or orange flags for visibility but, I think the US flag shows up just as good or better and i doubt any rangers would give us a hard time about it. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 12-10-2002, 11:10 PM
Pro Rider

Im going up to Pismo the same weekend as you but were going up on Friday night and coming back Sunday after noon.... Im also going the day after christmas and staying through newyears.....

Old 12-10-2002, 11:19 PM
Range Rover

Does anybody know what kind of drag racing is done at 4-Stroke Wars? If it's bracket racing, I want no part of it. That's why I stopped drag racing at regular drag strips...

I'm trying to arrange my January schedule to attend, but I won't bother if it's bracket.

Rob

Old 12-11-2002, 01:20 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

Its sand dune drags up Oldsmobile hill in Glamis, Ca Martin luther king weekend. You can view videos and find information on last years event

here.

You can sign up and read the different classes to race in

here.

Old 12-11-2002, 05:27 AM
Range Rover

hey now that you got 'er broke in, how about some vids of full on riding and drag races??

Quick Reply: Predator at the Dunes... with video!