Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Predator at the Dunes... with video!

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2002, 05:28 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Predator at the Dunes... with video!

Check your PM Thunder.

Snarf, not sure how the brackets are organized for the races. I think they are probably going to just have about 6 quads line up at once and shoot the hill.

The actual race is on Sunday but, I am sure there will be a number of grudge matches before then. I am not going there planning to really compete. I mean, I plan on racing but, I know there will be a number of people there in each class that have built up their engines especially for this event. I hope to race others with similar mods to see how I do and mostly catch up with a few friends I have already met at Sand Mt. and others I have met only through words on the forum. Hope you can make it, I think you would enjoy the group of guys I have already met (DemonDS, AZSand, Majorecho, Jeffnrivercity, Sand45, OregonDS, JSsDS, Vegas650, etc.)

Plus, I hear the weather is usually in the 70's. . . sure beats the 20's to 40's of Sand Mt.

Should be a great few days of duning.

BTW, I have seen a few posts where the Predator is taking trash talking (I know you received some yourself -B.S.) Let it go when you see it, I get the same thing as a Bomb owner but, I know I would still go out and get the same quad all over again. Sure, a Banshee may be faster up the hill but, I don't like just going up the hill. Yes, a Raptor is less expensive to hop up but, I don't feel comfortable with its small size (being 6'2"). Bottomline, if you like your quad just go ride it and don't listen to all the $hit.

Old 12-11-2002, 10:14 PM
Range Rover

DuneMe:

I have absolutely no regrets with my purchase... those guys are just having issues with not having the best/fastest/whatever quad anymore. The Raptor is still the best-selling sport quad... but I think if Polaris can produce enough Predators, it could take over.

Besides, I'd rather people keep buying Raptors... it gives me more people to race and BEAT. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

In other news, I've decided to NOT go to 4-stroke wars. Upon more thought, I realized that this is really no better than going to the local drag strip, where it's nothing but a dick-waving contest. That's not my style.

Rob

Old 12-11-2002, 10:25 PM
Pro Rider

show us what that thing can really do!

Old 12-12-2002, 04:05 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

SnarfBlat,
You dont only have to race, what about riding the dunes? Glamis Rules

RoostKing...

Old 12-12-2002, 04:54 AM
Range Rover

Originally posted by: bmgm37
Great video Snarf, sure beats my low quality ones [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img] With the stock gearing, what gear are you having to use to pull the long hills? After gearing mine down I am running 2nd & 3rd on the big hills where it was 1st & 2nd before. It was a must for me to gear down as we do a lot of fast trail riding, more like follow the leader, but the leader tried to loose the rest of the pack with quick turns and stupid moves that can make you end up in the bushes. Man you need some trees down there, but those hills and bowls do look fun. You know I couldnt find one single Raptor today, I really wanted to see how it would do head to head.

hey i see your from coos bay, im from north bend. would love to check out the predator or go riding sometime. i have a z400 and would love to see how it compares. pm me for some reason the pm's arent working. my roomate saw a predator coming from the dunes the other week i bet it was you
[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 12-12-2002, 11:55 AM
Range Rover

Why drive 8-10 hours to ride at Glamis when I can ride 1.5 hours to Sand Mountain and have taller, steeper dunes?

Rob

Old 12-12-2002, 12:22 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

I guarantee you one thing, the guys are not that way out at the dunes. You would meet guys that you would run into at Sand Mt. on a regular basis. One thing for me is I really like riding in groups so the more people I know the more chances I have to ride in a group.

I wish I lived 1.5 hours from Sand Mt. (don't say that, your killing me) but, you would enjoy the group of guys you would meet at 4SW's. GUARANTEED.

I understand though, it is a long trip.

Let's try to hook up at Sand Mt. and do some riding. My plans have changed a little, now looks like we are going to try to ride on the 22nd of Dec. (day trip.) Instead of the 21st. Of course, weather permitting.

Old 12-12-2002, 12:39 PM
Range Rover

The 21st or 22nd is fine with me... I have no specific plans over those days other than to ride SOMEWHERE. If it isn't at Sand Mountain, then it'll be around the local area on my Grizzly. Just let me know when you plan to be in the area and I'll make it happen. You or anybody can email me at rob@atvexplorers.com if you wanna go riding... [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Maybe we can get a few more people to join in as well. Once again I'll bring the camcorder to shoot more video. I'm still working on the big video from this last trip... I have about ten minutes of good footage (out of 50, which is pretty good) to tweak and arrange.

Rob

Old 12-12-2002, 06:32 PM
Trailblazer

Hey Snarfblat,

Good video, is your pred. stock, including the the exhaust? If so they sound pretty good. Just think how it will sound with a a good aftermarket pipe[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img].

I don't have one but I sure hope you all have great luck with yours and that the pred. does everything and more than what has been said as it only helps the sport out even more, you know as they say competion is good.

Later,
dads400