Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Well after careful reading I have decided to sell my sportsman

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2000, 06:00 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I need help!Are any atvs not junk acording to some post every atv has been called junk.are they any atv that no one hates?

Old 04-06-2000, 06:57 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Oh shoot,now im going to have to sell the Xplorer? not not not

00 Xplorer 400cc 4x4
If you want to come in second ''FOLLOW ME''

Old 04-06-2000, 07:19 PM
Range Rover

Boy that was a lot of worthless typing To tell what you had to tell!! Just remember One thing These things we ride and have FUN ON are just 4 wheelers. Let's not get political about it !!! Remember FUN, ENJOYMENT, Just a ATV!! They will all break down sometime.

Old 04-06-2000, 07:48 PM
Pro Rider

Your right man...I was thinking of all those huge mud holes that I went through an hour ago with my Scrambler... must have been luck. I must have floated across that 3 1/2 foot stream. Maybe I am lying to myself.

I have an idea for your super mud quad. Buy one of those motorized skateboards, take off the 2" wheels and add tires with a bit more tread...maybe 1/16 inch deep. This puppy will weigh in at about 7 lbs.!!! If you do happen to get stuck, god forbid,...just carry it out!!! Its light, low to the ground, and you don't even need a trailor!!!!

Tell me how it goes...

Old 04-06-2000, 08:20 PM
Pro Rider

Boy that was a lot of worthless typing To tell what you had to tell!! Just remember One thing These things we ride and have FUN ON are just 4 wheelers. Let's not get political about it !!! Remember FUN, ENJOYMENT, Just a ATV!! They will all break down sometime

Worthless maybe, making a point could be but obviously meant to give a few guys on here a good laugh. I just came off a 12 hour police shift and this was just my way of getting rid of some stress. I really don't see anything political about it any I myself to am starting to believe taht all atv's are junk...so who has the best junk hehehe...glad you guys enjoyed even though it did relay fact in a strange way as most of my posts do, it was all in good fun and that is what it is suppose to be about...one more shift and the trails are mine.

Old 04-06-2000, 08:45 PM
Weekend Warrior

Man When I first started reading this post I thought it was a serious post. very good bit of sarcasm Ride on

Old 04-06-2000, 08:46 PM
Pro Rider

a brave lemming replies....don"t take it so serious..but
a locked honda will win in deep mud because
a locked bike is better than an unlocked bike..please refer to page 82 in April 1998 dirt wheels mag. which says..when 4by4 operation is selected you don"t automatically get 4 wheel drive.front hubs just freewheel and the atv is in 2 wheel drive...untill the front axels rotation speed increases to a point 20per cent faster than the rotational speed of the outer hub.This is caused by the rear wheels spinning and since the front axels are tied directly to the rear by the driveshaft,the front axels rotational speed increases.At this point a hexagonal piece that surrounds the axel begins to push against the rollers and power is tranferred to the hub and wheel but only for that side ,if it doesn"t detect any slippage the other front wheel wont engage.
I dont personally understand all this but doen"t a true Locker pull 100 per cent all the time? If so a Locked Honda would be 20 per cent better using your own arguement that more is always better!
Even if you experience NO belt slippage .. a point many survey readers do , a Hondas positive gear driven system Will outlast and outperform.
Please dont jump on Hondas wagon yet but in June 1999 4 wheel atv action mag. on page 51 in 4 stroke Polaris survey only 40 per cent of owners were IMPRESSED with VALUE FOR PRICE PAID.. the other 60% were merely satisfied..I would think after reading your post it would be the other way around.OF course the Polaris Brakes,fit n finish and ease of maintenance didnt fare better!
Of course the whole world is out to get Polaris so you cant believe Anything you read.
Polaris has many things going for it but unless the total package Works day after day wihout the owner being a mech.they (polaris) will continue to rank 2nd in sales..gee guess whos 1st !!

LET the Fun begin..you lead and when you sink into the quicksand..I" go around!!

Old 04-06-2000, 08:48 PM
Trailblazer

i dont know if i understand you correctly...you think that a 2wd quad will go through more than a 4wd quad?!?

Old 04-06-2000, 09:18 PM
Pro Rider

HA Ha Ha, You're mocking them aren't you?

Old 04-06-2000, 10:05 PM
Pro Rider

Negative..my reply was to his quest for the ultimate Mud machine ..a truely LOCKED 4 wheel (which Polaris is not),atv ....would not have a belt drive system that does get wet in EXTREME conditions.My 450es is not the ultimate machine in stock form for this type of competion..but common next post will have Polaris conquering Mt.EVEREST!
BE PROUD just not so LOUD

Quick Reply: Well after careful reading I have decided to sell my sportsman