Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Well after careful reading I have decided to sell my sportsman

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2000, 11:40 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i would have to tell ya the truth on this one....my stock 99 sp500 went through more mud than my friends stock 99 450 es....also i beat him in a drag race across a plowed field...just thought i would tell ya the facts...

Old 04-07-2000, 02:35 AM
Pro Rider

io didn't buy my quad t drag race. i didn't buy my quad to mudrun 24/7. i didn't buy my quad to say "im the biggest, baddest, meanest......."

[red]I BOUGHT MY QUAD TO HAVE FUN AND A WHOLE LOT OF IT!!!!![/red]

if my 5200 dollar quad gets hung a couple time that no problem with me. if i bought a 6300 dollar quad it damn sure better not get hung up or EVER BREAK (as long as i do my part)!!!!
i did look hard at the mag500 but the price/weight/reliability issues ultimatly turned me away.
cart

Old 04-07-2000, 02:49 AM
Range Rover

if you really want to play in the mud that much why go to the expense of buying a four-wheeler? would'nt an old pair of tennis shoes acomplish the same and you would probably be less dirty. of course they would need to be polaris tennis shoes as they are the best and never wear out. but then if polaris made tennis shoes they would probably sell for $3000 each and if you broke a shoe string it would cost $500 not including labor.

Old 04-07-2000, 03:10 AM
Range Rover

How many grease zerks would a pair of polaris tennis shoes have.

Old 04-07-2000, 04:07 AM
Trailblazer

Mr. Bill450es
When the the rear wheels of a Polaris 4x4 slip both front wheels lock, when the shafts spin faster then the front wheels all four wheel become locked together.
Do you have anymore guesses to make about how things work, Mr. Bill

Old 04-07-2000, 08:12 AM
Pro Rider

Hey Mr Bill and I thought I was full of it, man you are full of more stuff than a Christmas turkey, Mr Bill you lost me after "a brave lemming replies....don"t take it so serious..but"
What is so complicated about understanding that when the rear wheels slip both wheels lock in, in the front...ahh I guess you have just gotten used to steering that hard steering locked in honda to ever convince you there is an easy way to do things and still have 4 wheel drive...I did understand one thing you were talking about and you said it yourself.

>I dont personally understand all this but doen"t a true Locker pull 100 per cent all the time? If so a Locked Honda would be 20 per cent better using your own arguement that more is always better!

With the key words being don't personally understand if you would like a detailed post on how the polaris works I would be glad to enlighten you. And as you said your self more is always better yes that is true, when you need it that is, I really don't have a need for True 4 wheel drive when I am driving down a logging road or such...but gee Bill you sure got it cause you have no choice but have it cause honda hasn't provided a simple lever that you can take it out of 4 wheel drive. I got a riddle for you what do you call a Polaris that has no 2 to 4 wheel drive lever, no water cooling, no disc brakes, no IRS, and only 3 of the 4 wheels pull...give up...A honda. Since you are so big on surveys Bill from a honda magazine why don't you do one yourself on how many people wish a honda had more features now that would be interesting. I hate to break your heart Bill but if you believe that honda is not adding stuff to their bikes because their riders are satisfied I hate to break the news to you but it is because of profit, as long as honda has buyers like you who will go out and pay for bikes that haven't been changed in ten years, they are going to do it. Think of how much it would cost to add 2 to 4 drive switch, and then you put a locker kit on it, disc brakes, water cooling. And I know you are going to say well that is not the reason...well let me give you just one fact...here I will make it easy for you, Honda adds water cooling to their new souped up foreman they call a Rubicon and add $1400 to the price tag give or take a couple hundred. And there is the charge for the sticker that says Rubicon they will be putting over top of the one that says foreman. Since you guys got me started what idiot in there right mind would go out and pay $7200 for a bike that is 3 wheel drive, can't add a locker to it unless you are planning on competing in the weight lifting class next year at the olympics, can't shift it from 2 to 4 wheel drive, no disc brakes, no independant rear suspension or even a choice, funny thing to me honda is finally coming out with an automatic transmission and water cooling...now I wonder what other major bikes have this. You guys just don't get it do you Honda keeps raising the price and giving you less...check how much Polaris has raised the price of there bikes for the stuff they added like ebs free for the 2000 model. And about Mt. Everest I thought Polaris had already been there. And cartman you got a real deal for $5200 comparing it to a sportsmanman wish I would have bought a rancher I could have saved $800 but I would have to do without REAL 4 WHEEL DRIVE, disc brakes, no switch for 2 to 4 wheel drive, IRS, and a 150cc less motor but I forgot you do get that pretty orange paint don't you. Compare one of Polaris bikes near the 350cc size and see what you pay and what features you get for your money.

And rancher you also remarked:

if you really want to play in the mud that much why go to the expense of buying a four-wheeler? would'nt an old pair of tennis shoes acomplish the same and you would probably be less dirty. of course they would need to be polaris tennis shoes as they are the best and never wear out. but then if polaris made tennis shoes they would probably sell for $3000 each and if you broke a shoe string it would cost $500 not including labor.

I hear they are going to have a good sale on those Rubicon tennis shoes for about $7200 and you don't even get strings with them. And I suppose you meant that Polaris parts were higher well I think you better go check again. But I must admit the Polaris tennis shoes do have a lot of grease zerks on them so you can keep fresh grease in em so they want rust or get hot and burn up.

Old 04-07-2000, 09:59 AM
Range Rover

a truely LOCKED 4 wheel (which Polaris is not),atv >>

Are your Honda glasses so thick that you miss the fact that Polaris 4 wheelers ARE locked when slippin' starts? I sure love having the option at the flick of my thumb. 2 wheel drive is more fun and effective through the choppy trails, then when mud's in site...I flick the switch, and climb out the other side...then flick it again!

Old 04-07-2000, 11:17 AM
Pro Rider

AMEN to that brother!

Scrambler400...with all of the necessary "options" Polaris has to offer it's clients!

Old 04-07-2000, 11:34 AM
Trailblazer

Your a complete moron. Are you really saying that Polaris is junk?
I didn't read your entire book because after the first few sentences I got sick. I suppose you think Ford & Dodge are awesome too, considering you are apparently DUMB!!!
POLARIS & CHEVY ALL THE WAY!!!!

Old 04-07-2000, 02:54 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Some people just dont get it on the Polaris AWD system.I've tested my AWD system on my Sportsman and Xplorer.The 20% rear wheel slippage is all BS.I've tested my 99 Sportsman and 00 Xplorer just about every way it can be tested.Maybe my rear wheels slipped an inch or so before the fronts engage.Which is hardly 20% slippage.I can even stop the quad in the middle of a steep hill,disengage the AWD,and as long as there is torque to the front wheels,they'll stay engaged till im to the top of the hill and all torque is deminished.Beleiving to much of anything that Dumb Wheels says tells me alot about the fellow who posted the BS about Polaris AWD system needing so much slippage to be ativated.It simple is not true.===BILL

Quick Reply: Well after careful reading I have decided to sell my sportsman