Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

ATTENTION: Predator has problems big time.

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2002, 07:31 PM
RIP Dear Friend
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ATTENTION: Predator has problems big time.

This reminds me of the donkey and the carrot.

Chet

Old 12-20-2002, 07:49 PM
Trailblazer

ya tell us the answer!!!!!

Old 12-20-2002, 07:58 PM
Pro Rider

Sounds like a carb vent issue, or it could be onebadpredator leading everyone down the garden path![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]

Old 12-20-2002, 08:18 PM
Pro Rider

well p*ss on em anyone else that owns a predator cross a stream do the same test and see if its a true statement obviously he has no other explation and or how to correct the problem........................

Old 12-20-2002, 08:54 PM
Trailblazer

You may have the same issue my "01" scambler 500 has/had. When you go through water your engine gets wet and steams. This steam get sucked into your air box and with the volume of air your Pred. takes in, this maybe the prob. Hope I helped ya.

Old 12-20-2002, 09:35 PM
Weekend Warrior

Ok guys! So now that I have everyones attention here. Lets get down to the real problem. Elroy U are the winner here. Polaris' engineering team has made their vent hose to long. And when submersed into water predators will stall. Solution re route the vent hoses. There you go polaris engineers thats a freebee. And look you didnt even have to pay the engineers wages. The hoses are way too low and when barely submersed under water the engine stalls, and will not start until you get the hoses out of the water. That really su&ks if the water is freezing like in ohio. Polaris' answer was there was no fix, they should have fixed and addressed this a long time ago when they realized they had such a problem. And again a great huge thankyou to my mechanic. And hey guys lets give a shout out to the mechanic not engineer that solved this problem right outta the whole. Maybe polaris should send that engineers wages over to the mechanic as a christmas bonus this year. Hip hip hurray for uncle. Uncls is my mechanic and when u see this unc thankyou. Ill be sure to bring you many friends for the christmas party smile bud.

Old 12-20-2002, 09:37 PM
Weekend Warrior

It was the way the carb vent hoses were ran. The vacuum created by the carbs would stop when plugged by water, dirt, or your fingers, if you want to try it yourself. Solution: run the vent hoses along the frame rails towards the tail using zip ties. Problem solved. And as far as Polaris goes, their support team sucks. Their unwillingness to help makes me wonder what their objectives were with this quad.

Old 12-20-2002, 09:43 PM
Pro Rider

DRAMA[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 12-20-2002, 09:45 PM
Weekend Warrior

Hey usamoto00, whats up buddy. Your lucky u went out and seen the bike today. make sure u call mr troy lee with the fix ok. Because he surely will be mad when hes stuck in a water crossing. I should know its happened twice too me and it stinks.Ill see ya tomm for the christmas party and i will bring friends. smile

Old 12-20-2002, 10:48 PM
Elite Pro Rider

Let's see, retorque brake caliper bolts, reroute carb vent hose......hmmmm, seems pretty minor to me (Raptor trans grenading, Suzuki frame cracks). Not making any excuses here, but post the problem, the fix, and go ride [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]. They tested the snot out of this thing, still it's first year model run, there's gonna be bugs.

Ken

Quick Reply: ATTENTION: Predator has problems big time.