Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Predator Beats Cannondale!

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2002, 03:16 AM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Predator Beats Cannondale!

TeamZ400:

Whoops, I thought about that an hour or so later after posting the drag race videos that somebody might wanna hear the pipe. So... below is a link to another video I just uploaed. It's one of me doing some poorly-executed donuts where the ONLY thing you'll hear is my machine and maybe the wind. It's 42 seconds long so it should be just what you're looking for. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Predator Donuts Med/Low Res
Predator Donuts High Res

Oh and for those who are bound to ask... that's six plates (out of eight possible) in the pipe with the spark arrester in place too. I didn't want to risk leaning it out too much since the jetting is still stock.

Rob

Old 12-23-2002, 03:37 AM
Elite Pro Rider

Hey Rob, welcome back. I'll be doing some sound testing on the silencer, I know I bugged you before about the db readings.

Ken

Old 12-23-2002, 09:38 AM
Pro Rider

If you are going through first gear to quickly, why not just take off in second? I always try to take off in the highest gear possible, that way while they are slamming gears, your on the gas and gone. At Loretta Lynns one year, Barry McCartney (who was a Krank-It rider at the time, as was I) taught me to leave the gate in 3rd gear. It worked and I've been doing it ever since. Granted your engine has to have some real guts to leave in third. Sand may be different, but I'd say take off in second at least.

Old 12-23-2002, 12:57 PM
Trailblazer

Thanks for the video! Sounds nice!!! is it really loud?

Old 12-23-2002, 01:04 PM
Trailblazer

Rob- You've got mail! =)

Old 12-23-2002, 01:06 PM
Range Rover

It's loud but not as ear-piercing loud as a full open pipe like, say, the one the guy with the Cannondale was running. I think it's quieter still than my friend's piped Raptor, which has a SuperTrapp IDS2 on it.

Rob

Old 12-23-2002, 02:25 PM
Pro Rider

Well i would like to add a few things to this.... First off as mentioned before the Predator jumped the gun every time. Then there was a red Cannibal that beat him by about 2-3 lenths. Also did u ask the Speed what map he was running??? what pipe he had??? these are all major reasons why u beet him ( but not the cannibal)..

Old 12-23-2002, 02:33 PM
Elite Pro Rider

The muffler should really respond after you go too around 12 disks (which is what most e-series come with stock)....then...jet up. Can you remove your lid? THat should help as well. I believe most Raptor owners were posting that the ultimate potential power will be less with the 160cc smaller engine. Thanks for the report.

Old 12-23-2002, 03:31 PM
Elite Pro Rider

Has anyone tried to run a clamp-on K@N on the predator?? I looked at one the otherday and the snorkle looked like it was really chocked up. If i had a predator i would probably drill a 3 inch hole under the filter facing the rear of the quad.

Old 12-23-2002, 07:10 PM
Range Rover

I can beat several quads that are faster than mine when I take off before they do. They saw the back of your Quad before they even moved. Nice quad though. I hope to see one in action soon.

BTW stock gearing is 13/42 For all Cannondales except the MOTO.

Quick Reply: Predator Beats Cannondale!