Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Predator Beats Cannondale!

Search this Thread

Old 12-25-2002, 12:22 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Predator Beats Cannondale!

"pulling up pant legs" (It's gettin deep)

Sorry Snarf, stock gearing is 13/42....your racing a kid that doesn't know what the heck he's doing....I'll kiss your A$$ if a Predator can beat a Cannondale.... Like alotta people have said, your just in denial....NEXT?!?!?!

Old 12-25-2002, 01:18 AM
Trailblazer

So what do you guys say about these videos? This is a STOCK predator with new gearing, and cdale glamis! the first link i believe is when the cdale lets off at the end, the 2nd one he doesnt.....this is the SAME glamis cdale that is featured in atvconnection.....both riders are of the same weight, and are both very experienced riders.....

video 1The Cannondale lets off the gas near the cameraman. The Predator was already ahead (slightly).

Video 2A very close race.

Old 12-25-2002, 02:33 AM
Range Rover

did not........did too............are not..............are too..............I know you are but what am I?

I read somewhere that if some of us could ride as well as we type responses to these stupid "Mine is better than Yours" Threads, then....... oh well forget it.

I hope I do come across a Predator and, I hope he knows how to ride. If he beats me, I'll just have another excuse to mod some more. Some of us need to relax, or something.

Old 12-25-2002, 05:29 AM
Elite Pro Rider

Well stated 440, kinda nice to live in a time to have all these quality choices.....now if we channel all that energy into forming clubs and keeping riding areas open. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Ken

Old 12-25-2002, 03:17 PM
Weekend Warrior

I ride a Cannondale which I am very happy with. However just because I like my Dale don't mean I won't give credit where credit do. It looks like Polaris has built a fast, good handling atv which I feel that we can't have enough of. I especially like it that it is an American compnay that is doing this. Ten years ago who would have thought that 3 of the 4 fastest atvs made would be American or Canadian. My only wish now is for a YZ450 atv and CRF 450 atv.

Old 12-26-2002, 12:09 PM
Pro Rider

I'll bet mine is bigger than yours! My Dad can beat your Dad up! You're Mama's got a wooden leg with a kickstand! Powerstroke vs. Duramax! It's turning into a Ford, Chevy thing. Sorry, no Dodge owners' included.

Now when can the rest of us see the video?

Old 12-26-2002, 01:01 PM
Trailblazer

All this is just making me tired. I just want to see the video. I have seen one of snargblats videos and it was awsome So where is this one?

Old 12-26-2002, 02:08 PM
RPM
Pro Rider

The trouble is (The way I see it), there is a mentality that exists, that if your Quad isn't the "FASTEST", (And I Quote) "Then it Aint worth a D*M." Well to all of you that share that therory, I have a BIG News Flash for you. NOT EVERYONE is interested in which Quad is the fastest (Look at the Z/KFX sales figures and the 400EX before that.).

To me it's an overall Quad that the majority of people are looking for. I've ridden a C-Dale, Banshees & Raptors and they are great bikes, Fast as H*LL. When it came right down to it, I went with what I did. Not because it was the Fastest quad ever built, I know it isn't. Not because it is the best handeling quad of all time, I know it isn't. Not because it was the best dune machine or the fastest thing to hit a MX track, I know it's not. I got it because it does a lot of these things well, and suits my wants and needs.

I am getting ready to buy another Quad to use for trail riding. This last weekend, I went and looked at the Predator. Cool bike, I like the looks, and the inovative thinking that went into it. It will establish a new mark for an "All around performance Quad". The truth is, it is too close to what I already have to warrant buying it.

I don't understand all of the D**K swinging contests going on around here. If you don't like what the next guy is riding, "SO WHAT". It Wasn't Your DECISION to make and it Wasn't Your MONEY!!! I sure as H*LL don't spend all my spare time on these forums with a tape measure in my hand typing "Hey you guys, I think it grew another 1/16th of an inch!!!". Maybe if your Quads were good for something other than going in a straight line, you would be out riding them more instead of spending all of your time on these forums "Measuring".

Just my 5 cents. Let the Thrashing begin!!!
Happy Holidays

Old 12-26-2002, 02:50 PM
Pro Rider

thrash, thrash, thrash.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] Hey RPM, why .05 worth? The fed says inflation is in check. LOL[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img]

Old 12-26-2002, 07:02 PM
Pro Rider

I would like to know what paddles the Predator was running in the drag race since I haven't seen the video. I believe the Glamis comes with Sand Sharks if I remember right. Molded paddles are too heavy for serious hillshooting. The proper number of paddles and tire is critical in hillshooting. Sandsharks do not make a good straight line climbing tire. If I owned a Glamis that would be the first thing to go. Put a set of Haulers or Gliders on both machines and see the results. I have a set on my Speed and will run nothing else.