Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Dirtwheels getting worse

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2002, 10:19 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dirtwheels getting worse

I have'nt bought a dirtwheels rag in ages but deceided to pick one up when I saw they had done a test on the SP 600. They complain about the very bad suspension above 30mph and refer to the 700 as having the same problem. They must be nuts!! They also explain how the computer senses speed variation between front and rear to engage the 4x4. They say that there "two seasoned riders" had to rest after 1/2 hour because of the vibration which put their hands to sleep. They have definatly lost all the little bit of credibility that I had for them!!!!

Old 12-29-2002, 10:37 AM
Pro Rider

They also said that the tires on it were not the best all-around tire either. What a joke, I guess they like the potato skins tires better.

Old 12-29-2002, 10:43 AM
Pro Rider

I think it has been pretty much aknowleded by everyone that the Rawhide grip is the best OEM tire availible. Heck, I have 2 sets

Old 12-29-2002, 10:46 AM
'5 minutes worth of planning equals 30 minutes of execution'

Dirt Wheels sucks. I cancelled my subscription last year and will not renew. If it is not a racing machine then they have no use for it. They are TOTALLY WRONG about the Goodyear Rawhide tires. These tires are top-notch with great traction and a great smooth ride.

Do not buy the magazine!!!!

Old 12-29-2002, 10:50 AM
Quad Patrol
Don't let the hp numbers fool you. Its all in how you get it to the ground. Clutching clutching clutching!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I too dropped my subscription to them about a year ago.

Old 12-29-2002, 01:18 PM
Pro Rider

Its also funny when you look at the review that this forum had on the 600. They loved it and didn't have much to complain about. It's the same with the other mags out there, they felt the 600 was a solid atv. It's only those from Hi-torque that complain about Polaris and no one else. So how can the other mags like it and not DW. I don't know, but believe as long as it says Polaris on the side, they will always find something to complain about.

Old 12-29-2002, 02:09 PM
Pro Rider

LOL!!!!!
"2 seasoned riders"
lol again...........
they make my day,what a piece of trendies crap.

Old 12-29-2002, 03:13 PM
Pro Rider

i had a 660 grizz, and parking next to a 700 sportsman made my tires look really wimpy, they are horrible,
the rawhides are like something i would buy as an aftermarket tire for a grizz, pretty nice

Old 12-29-2002, 07:48 PM
Elite Pro Rider

I think Scramblered hit it on the head, they try to be the "trend setting" sounding mag....instead they come off as a joke of a rag. I too scanned the article (then I left it on the newstand), seems to me they complained about the ride and suspension, then in closing said it was one of the plushest rides around. Which is it? I'm letting my dollar do the talking, and haven't renewed my subscription either. They forgot we know how to think for ourselves.

Ken

Old 12-29-2002, 08:12 PM
Pro Rider

All I have to say is Dirtwheels SUCKS! If anyone from Dirtwheels or Hi-torque is reading this, remember this...YOU ARE LOSERS!

HEHE. I can't stand those rags. I have no good magazines to read at the store, all they have is Dirtwheels. Dirtwheels definately has to get their s**t together.

Quick Reply: Dirtwheels getting worse