Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Jumped ship-thanks for all the help Polaris guys!

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2003, 09:32 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Jumped ship-thanks for all the help Polaris guys!

Well, first off I still like Polaris. But after modding my Scrambler to 60+ hp. I found the weak link, the whole machine. In my opinion it was never designed to handle twice the power. The brakes, suspension, axles, pretty much the whole machine was not up to parr. Yes, one can make it into a rocketship and be able to handle it but it takes even more money.

I sold it and bought a 03 Raptor. Yes, I looked at the Predator. I think it is a kick-*** machine. My best friend sold his 02 Scrambler 400 4X4 for one. He might be the biggest reason why I went Yamaha. We have always had the same machines, Polaris 2-cylces. It was time to be differnet.

I love my Raptor and the point of this story is to thanks those who have heled me in the last few years. ModQuad, RickRitter, Bubba, Quadfather, MikeChero, Xplor, Quadbuster, and many others helped me out with many questions. Thanks guys!! Ride on. Adam

03 Black and Red Raptor.

Old 01-06-2003, 10:39 PM
Pro Rider

What did you have done to your scambler?

I'm an old 250r rider so I am concerned I will never get the performance out of the scrambler that I am looking for. I am about to start to modify my scrambler 400 4x4. I agree that most everything is weak in stock configuration. That is why I am planning a complete modification, starting with the steering & suspension. If I can't get it to handle tighter there is no since in going for the full race mod. No matter what - I am going to keep the scrambler, I am just trying to decide if I should just go with the trail setup and buy another quad , or just bust my nut and go for broke on the scambler.

Lets face it a 65 hp 2 stroke - 4x4 - w/ 8lb per 1hp, and 10" of travel is no slouch; in fact it's pretty cool.

Old 01-06-2003, 11:27 PM
Elite Pro Rider

The Raptor's a great choice Adam, hope it works great for you.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] Don't be a stranger.

Ken

Old 01-06-2003, 11:32 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Adam, ride on man. I hope the Raptor does good for you. ajo771, I can port your cylinder for less than half of what anyone else will do it for.Let me know if your interested.Bubba

Old 01-07-2003, 04:48 PM
Range Rover

adamnieman,

I did exactly the same thing over one year ago. No regrets. I too loved all of the help that I got on this forum from the same people and others. After trying to make the Scrambler a true 4X4 sports machine I gave up and got a sports machine and it was the best move I ever made. I still miss the 4X4 on occasion but I have learned to live with out it. I have hit things much harder with the Raptor and done very little damage. Same hits on the scrambler always cost big $$$'s. I did manage to thankfully get $4000 out of my 2000 Scrambler 400 4X4 and immediatly bought a Suzuki DRZ 400s to go a long with the Raptor. I guess I still have not found out exactly were this sport is going to take me other than to the poor house.

Its all fun.

Later KD

Old 01-07-2003, 06:01 PM
Pro Rider

Adam,

I jumped ship too about a month ago. It's not that I didn't like the Predator, or got tired of Polaris, I just needed something new. I wanted something that didn't require a whole day of maintenance after every ride. As for the advice I gave you, you're welcome! I'll still be cruising through here from time to time as I still have the Trailblazer.

Old 01-07-2003, 06:33 PM
Pro Rider

Actually Mike, I was pretty disappointed to see you bought that 400ex. I've gotten some good advice from you in the past, I would have figured you to be one of the first to line up to buy an awesome machine like the Predator. If you have been on one, you can look and see that maintanence would be very easy on it. There really is no comparison between the Predator and that honda. Why buy that one, when a good ole domestic made machine that kicks butt is available?

Scott

Old 01-07-2003, 06:51 PM
Elite Pro Rider

Predator=ride hard, add gas. Ride hard,add gas. Ride hard, change oil, add gas. Oh yea, forgot the grinnin' [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Ken

Old 01-07-2003, 08:53 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey Ken, I haven'yt been on the forum in a while....[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
Can't get Bubba off the computer...haaaahaaaa

So how do you like the predator?

The polaris dealership here in town let me take theirs for a spin.
Pretty darn cool I think......

Dana

Old 01-07-2003, 09:21 PM
Super Quad Patrol
Smokes meat all the time!

Right on!!

ride safe and have fun!

Quick Reply: Jumped ship-thanks for all the help Polaris guys!