Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

ARE WE IN TROUBLE?

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2000, 03:54 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Snowshark:
I know what you mean about the horse people taking over. Don't know if you've ever been in the SE WA area, around the Tucannon, or Dayton area, but there used to be all kinds of trails open to both horses, and atv's/motorcycles. Horse people have complained so much that the trails are now closed to all motorized vehicles. And, they are now charging people for a "parking permit", that will allow you to park you vehicle off the side of the road. Can't hardly believe what is going on now these days. Really makes you sick, don't it.

Mike

Old 04-14-2000, 09:27 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Last night,I had sucessfully e-mailed the CCC.I told them of the clean-up event and requested their help in organizing it.I left my home #,my work#,and my cell #,so they better know im really serious about this.Hopefully I will hear from them this coming Monday.I'll keep everyone posted.====BILL

Old 04-14-2000, 09:32 PM
Pro Rider

Andy,I did answer your post,but for some reason,it did'nt take.My Sportsman is doing fine now.I no longer own it though.My brother John bought it and I now ride a 00 Xplorer 400cc 4x4.What a monster this thing is.I've only got a 105 miles on it,but so far,its been a great quad.It dont have the ride that the Sportsman has,but it sure does move alot faster.==BILL

Old 04-15-2000, 02:50 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

Hey Bill, I remember the 400 post now, but I had forgotten it at the time. I drove one once at the local dealer and it was pretty amazing. I will swear that it turned as tight a circle as my 98 honda 300 2wd. Very fast for what I could tell in the area I had to ride in and a very good ride for any straight axle bike. I just rode it for fun rather than for interest of buying, but I must say that it would have been my choice for a second utility. (in other words, chain and 2 stroke isn't for me if I can only have one) The explorer I rode was even a 98 without the concentric drive. Nimble, fast, and comfortable. Great mix.
I would have liked to have had the polaris front end on my AC yesterday. Found a little rocky spot where I climbed a ways, and then sat and spinned. Three tires spinning, one sitting still. You can't lock a Cat though unfortunately. After a while, I got the guts to gun it, and made it up and over, but it took a while to decide whether or not I would flip if I hit it too fast. (Fast meaning like 5 mph) I wanted the sportsman again for about an hour after that, before I remembered that all the 450's and Grizzly's would have suffered the same calamity. Still happy with the AC though. So rugged looking and the winch fits so nice underneath. I have to get tires though. Did you go with the mudrunners on the Explorer or did you leave them with the Sportsman?

Old 04-15-2000, 03:35 AM
Pro Rider

Andy,I still had the new stock tires that come with the Sportsman.I was going to put them back on and install the 1400 mile Mudrunners on the new 00 Xplorer.My bro flashed 300 dollars in my face and said ''DONT''.So I put the 300 dollars towards new Mudrunners on the Xplorer.I could'nt beat that deal.The Xplorer's 110 lbs less than the Sportsman,you sure can feel it to.The new Concentric drive seems to be ok.Just have to be sure to keep the chain clean and waxed.Lovin it so far,====BILL

Old 04-18-2000, 02:52 AM
Weekend Warrior

Bill,
Let me know what you come up with for a cleanup ride, I am in Pa. and I don't know how long it is to you from me but I am only 4 hours from detriot, and seeing how we drive 32 hours to ride the dunes in Ca i think we could drive to Mich. We are in trouble, and I would like to help, maybe we could get a group together to do a clean up ride in the surronding states as well. We could hit your state one weekend and a month later hit mine and so on. When we went to Dumont dunes In CA we were amazed at how well the people out there clean up after themselves, All we kept hearing was "bring it in and take it out with you too" We stayed a day or to after the weekend and on monday it was hard to tell anyone was ever there, let alone a thousand or so riders. When we ride up here we make a note of any trash and if it won't fit on our racks we will come back with a small trailer if we can get it back there. Let me know---Ron

Old 04-18-2000, 11:32 PM
Pro Rider

So far,im very disappointed in the CCC.They have ALL my phone numbers,including work,and I have'nt so much as gotten back an e-mail yet.I worked long hours today,8am-9'30pm.Maybe I will get a chance to call the CCC tomorrow?===BILL

Old 04-20-2000, 10:54 PM
Trailblazer

Floodrunner,
very intelligent reply, as usual.I wish more people saw the truth the way you do.