Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

ATV for me and my boy

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2003, 01:35 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ATV for me and my boy

The new mini Predator is the way to go. Unless he is big for his age, a 9 year old is still a little young for a full size quad. Our youth group, the Gila Rough Riders likes to use the 5 to 1 rule of thumb. A quad should not weigh more than 5 times the weight of the rider. That's published dry weight, not including accessories, to riders normal weight, not including riding gear. The new Mini-predator has 4.5 inches suspension travel and is lower and wider and SAFER than the rest of the bunch. There is also a removable limiter built into the cdi. There is still room for improvement, check out the link to the Raptor 80 I redesigned and rebuilt for my son...I think the new mini-predator is the best production mini out there right now...

Old 01-16-2003, 01:02 PM
Pro Rider

In my ever so humble opinion an undersize underpowered quad can be dangerous as well. Thats why I lean to the 120 breeze

Old 01-16-2003, 01:55 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I do have to say that because of this thread, I have researched the Breeze. I like it. I do like Polaris' ALOT. But I will look at this quad in the near future for my son. It has reverse and other features that caught my eye.

Old 01-16-2003, 11:31 PM
Pro Rider

The Breeze has some real strongpoints, like its' width, reverse, auto tranny. What it needs is a do-over, this time a real one, not like the Raptor 80/Badger, which was only plastic.
.......How about a Breeze with double a-arms, 6+" of suspension, new plastic, (midi Raptor?)
[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]