Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

A little info for predator accessories

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2003, 03:36 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default A little info for predator accessories

I went to my dealer to order the Walker Evans front shocks for my predator and when we sat down to order them up I asked him what his dealer cost was???? He typed up the part number for the shocks and there on his computer screen were the prices for suggested retail and their dealer cost.

MSRP for Walker Evan front shocks $ 899.99
Dealer cost for Walker Evan front shocks $ 639.00

MSRP for WB Slip-on silencer is like $ 232.00
Dealer cost for WB silencer is $ 137.00

MSRP for rear Walker Evan shock $ 699.99
Dealer cost for rear Walker Evan shock $ 515.00 or 535.00 (cant remember)

MSRP for the fox shock reservoir's for front shocks $ 189.99
Dealer cost for shock reservoir's $ 109.00 or 119.00 ( cant remember)

Hope the info helps anybody thats interested in buyin pure polaris accessories.

Old 01-15-2003, 04:55 PM
Pro Rider

hey predatorman what dealer is there a phone number? thanks..............

Old 01-15-2003, 05:15 PM
Range Rover

Polaris' Online store has the WB slip on for $259.99, does your dealer have a different MSRP?

Old 01-15-2003, 06:30 PM
Range Rover

03 Predator,, the price I got for the WB slip-on was from an invoice of a different predator owner, he paid $232 so I figured MSRP was close to that. My dealer does sell stuff at cost to a select few of us.

Old 01-15-2003, 06:33 PM
Range Rover

It's nice being the select few, isn't it. I'm not, but 20% off in my book worked out for me... [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Thanks for the info otherwise...

Old 01-15-2003, 07:41 PM
Pro Rider

I paid $259 for the WB slip on, and then saw it at another dealer for $219...grrrrrrr.

I think most dealers are just charging the MSRP, and even as such, can't seem to get, or keep, stuff on the shelves!

Does anyone know of an on-line mail-order Dealer parts place? Something like Yamhaha/Honda of Troy, or Riva motorsports? I'm needing discounted Predator parts, and don't know of a Polaris source?

Old 01-16-2003, 04:04 AM
Elite Pro Rider

If you purchase your machines from your local dealer, it should be common courtesy of your dealer to reward you for your loyalty.

Ken

Old 01-16-2003, 10:57 AM
Range Rover

mod: I totally agree. When we got ours, we got 20% off the goodies.. Well, after all said and done, we got ready to loading up the bike, and I was like, we need some ramps man, getting this thing in without sucks. So, went back into the store and looked around for the ramps. Well, they're not cheap, $127 bucks. So, I asked the parts manager if our 20% extended for life, or even the rest of the day for that matter. (mind you the paperwork for the quad is done and signed away).

Nope, he said 20% is gone now. He said he could go down 10% on the ramp though. I was like in my mind, that's weak. We haven't left the dealer yet, we originally got 20% off all assc and goodies, and here I need a ramp and they won't give me the 20% on that.... So, ended up taking the 10% and leaving..

But like you said, some loyalty has got to exist!

Old 01-16-2003, 01:54 PM
Trailblazer

Just putting my two cents in on the subject. If YOU owned the dealership would you work for free? Would your employees work for free? That's what happens when you guys expect to only pay "dealer cost" and not let the dealer make a profit. Example: You want 20% off. When the dealer only makes about 30%, this leaves 10%. That's not enough to pay good wages or stock more parts, both of which YOU, the consumer wants. Come on guys, be realistic. I do believe that SOME discount would be expected but when they give you 10% don't complain. Most consumers work for bigger companies where they have no care or concern for the bottom line, only their own bottom line (eg. paycheck). Think about this...if that business made more money, maybe you'd get paid more. Just a thought.

Old 01-16-2003, 02:15 PM
Range Rover

Expert: I understand your point, but I'm personally NOT that kind of guy. I realize dealers need to make money too. They made plenty on us. We spent nearly 10K. I don't call that chump change, and in return, I expect a little help on the pricing, especially when we hadn't even left yet.

These days, it's hard getting 10% off at dealers. I used to get 20% all the time back in the early 90's and I don't even race, but these days, it's hard to see any, let alone 10%. So, considering the amount of goods we purchased through them, and the fact they charged us freight/setup, etc etc, 20% the assc and goodies was nice....so, why not extend that to the last purchase of the day, the ramps?

Other than that, I do realize dealers need to make money too. It's a business, a business takes money to run no doubt.

PS: And I would never ever expect dealer cost, even if I was a friend of a dealer...

Quick Reply: A little info for predator accessories