Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

A little info for predator accessories

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2003, 02:26 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default A little info for predator accessories

10% off, 20% off???.........heck, I barely got 1% off when I bought my TL predator........I just went over to the wall, and picked out one of the long sleeved cool looking $60 black Predator riding jerseys with the claws coming out the front.......Took the shirt and placed it on my seat....wrote out a big check for the quad and the "free" shirt, and loaded it all up.

Paid full retail for the TL, and am still paying full retail for oil and filters. That dealer has to put food on his table too, and he costs me far far far less than the gouge king - Lynnwood Motorplex, who only wanted to charge a SIX HUNDRED DOLLAR dealer prep and inspection charge...

heh heh, I took my dollars elsewhere.

Loving the parts pricing on the AMERICAN made Polaris too, as oil filter were only $5 compared to $8-12 for a Yamaha product.

Old 01-16-2003, 02:39 PM
Range Rover

Heap: I hear ya man, it hurts some doesn't it. We too paid $600 for the setup/freight. We did get $300 off the quad though. "They said" everyone is getting them for $300 off (that's if they ask for a discount, otherwise I'm sure it's MSRP). The TLD is likely MSRP however, no reductions...that's my guess.

I paid $28 I think for 3 filters and 3 O-rings out the door, I don't call that cheap, even though I anticipated paying $30, it still feels like a lot for oil changes.... that's not even incl the oil. Changing the oil in my truck is a fraction of the price, and I have to do the quad 15 billion times more. Well maybe not that much... [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 01-16-2003, 03:41 PM
Elite Pro Rider

Good point Expert. Deal the best you can, but make sure to ride and be happy with the quad we waited for them to make for us.

Ken

Old 01-16-2003, 05:59 PM
Trailblazer

I hope no one gets too pissed about what i said. I understand about spending $10k or more. Just remember the more they sell, the more overhead comes with it. We try to treat everyone fair and so far we've got a very good foloowing. We also are honest about what we know or don't know. We don't try to sell you something just to make a buck. We'd rather see you guys get what you want. A happy customer is a good customer, even if we don't sell you the machine we are here after the sale. Hope this counts for something. $600 freight and set up? Can you say "bend over"? That does sound rediculous. At our dealership setup is $75 and we sold the Troy Lee for $6299, just like the internet said, and the grey one is selling for $5999. There won't be many Predators made this year so getting one will be fairly hard. We've sold 3 Troy Lee Editions and 2 grey so far and are asking for more. Mine (Troy Lee Edition *EG) is awesome! Went to a 160 main, #4 on the clip, no snorkel, K&N filter, slip on pipe. It's cold here in Wisconsin (less than 30?) so it's asking for more fuel. We are ice racing the CWIRA circuit. So far not so good. We didn't have the right tires. Just got the right ones in today and are planning to set it up tonight. Race in Phillips,WI sunday. Hope to do better then. If anything I've got the best darn lookin' quad there! See you guys later.

Old 01-16-2003, 06:05 PM
Pro Rider

140 - how many discs in the pipe are you running?

Old 01-16-2003, 06:49 PM
Trailblazer

You'll have to excuse my own self humor and picture me while i'm laughing while i say this. I think i'm running them all! HA HA I haven't taken anything apart yet but it looks like 6 or 7 discs. I just bolted it up out of the box. It seems to run well. I upped the mains because it does pop and miss a little when on the gas hard. It's colder here than most places. I'm usually not the kind of guy to mod stuff (stock always runs and works), but when you hear that pipe you just have to have it! I'm going to experiment with jetting some more. I also plan to moto it this summer so I'm sure there'll be a learning curve there too as far as jetting and stuff. I just want to ride the darn thing! It's a blast! Mine starts easy, shifts easy (although neutral is sometimes a little hard to find), power shifts both up AND down! No loose anything that I can see or tell. I did go around with wrenches and check for loose stuff before i ran it. I just changed oil for the second time. K&N makes an oil filter that works (Honda one...shh don't tell, it's embarassing), and I'm running Mobil oil. I understand Polaris makes PS4 but I'm sure there are other oils that will work fine. So far so good! Only one think really sucks, waiting for work to end so I can go ride some more! Good luck guys with the new quad! So far we've got the one to beat!

Old 01-17-2003, 12:36 AM
Elite Pro Rider

Hey 140, are the Black River Falls trails open yet? Those trails are soooo nice in the snow....or should I say lack of snow this year.

Ken

Old 01-17-2003, 12:53 AM
Pro Rider

LOL MOD - Like Wisconsin has ANY snow!!! I think I told you before, but I live right on Lake Michigan. I think we've gotten 1" so far this season, really sux! Oh, and for anyone wondering, what Pure Polaris has for prices on accessories, that is the MSRP that all the dealers have. Now of course that isn't what they pay for the parts. If the dealer is a "friend" they will "usually" cut you a deal. If you think about it, I paid 6310.00 out the door for my TLD, but I bet that isn't any where near what they paid for it!! And he also knows that I am coming back to pick up 2 90cc Predators, so he cuts me a deal here and there. Example: Front Grab Bar for $160.00, but I got it for $125.00. Just thought I would throw my 2c in there.

Old 01-17-2003, 10:45 AM
Range Rover

If you think about it, I paid $6310.00 out the door for my TLD, bet I bet that isnt anywhere near what they paid for it.
ProXPred, the dealer cost on the TLD predator's are $5,799, That's what I paid for mine. It's good your dealer is cutting you deals on some accessories. When I got my TLD Predator The dealer GAVE me the WB's slip-on and also a 3 year warranty. I've spent almost $200,000 in the last 2 years at my John Deere/ Polaris dealer for landscape equipment so when he threw in the pipe and warranty I was very pleased. Now I'm waitin for my Walker Evan front shocks to arrive.