Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

ATV riding park.

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2003, 07:26 AM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ATV riding park.

A friend of mine is considering to buy a race track on a good sized piece of land. If he were to buy it, he was thinking of putting a TT track and also running snowmobiles. What other kind of events would you guys like to be able to do? I was telling him I would like to try racing on ice, using studded tires.

Old 01-17-2003, 08:09 AM
Pro Rider
Default ATV riding park.

Elroy2,

Hey, it's your good ol' buddy Mike. Tell him to put in a XC (cross country) track if he can swing it with the land he has. For that matter, tell him to open it up as a riding park. Pennsylvania is giving out big bucks to people who open riding parks.

Old 01-17-2003, 09:29 AM
Range Rover
Default ATV riding park.

Please Mike, just call me elroy.LOL.

I never thought of that angle. I wonder, do you call the PADEP about that or someone else? Hmmmmm.............

How's the Honda going? Have you been north to do any riding with it yet? Still like to do that ride. I think we are going sunday from the mechanics house. He lives in the Leeper area. Lots of good riding. You are always more than welcome to go riding with us. So don't feel you need an invatation. I don't know how well my new ITP wheels/Holeshots are going to go. I played a little yesterday on our track. They seemed to go good once they dug down through the snow. I think my Titan XT's stayed on top a little better but they never got as much traction on the dirt.

Old 01-17-2003, 12:19 PM
Trailblazer
Default ATV riding park.

Hey guys, Sorry to get off the subject but I noticed you guys are from PA. I was considering trying some of the trails over there. I live about 75 minutes from the Delaware Water Gap. Any recommendations?

Old 01-17-2003, 01:40 PM
Pro Rider
Default ATV riding park.

elroy,

I would imagine that you'd call the PA DCNR Snowmobile/ATV section. They seem to be giving money to everyone with a hand out, so why not someone who is actually going to build a trail. They gave about $32,000 to some conservancy group to study the effects of ATV use on the land (talk about a waste of money!).

The 400EX is going great (assuming I can get it started in the cold weather). I put a Clarke 5.5 gallon tank on it and I'm putting a set of Maxxis Razr 2s on it to protect the flimsy aluminum rims. Then, I'm adding a home made skid plate and that's about it for the mods.

I just put some money down on a new bike for the kids. A used 2003 DRZ 125L. A nice little play bike for the kids. Since it is used, I'm picking it up for $1900. There are NO scratches at all on it. It looks like it came from the show room floor. The only wear on it is the back tire and even that's negligible. The foot pegs don't even show wear on them!

I haven't been north for a couple of months. I dread trying to get back the camp road. There is only so much a 4X4 can do when towing a 6'x14', 2900 lb GVW trailer. Thanks for the invite for the ride, I appreciate it, but I have to get my truck inpected (the inspection ran out 12/02, WHOOPS!). We will get together this summer, I promise.

Speaking of snow, the Titans would give better traction because of the rounded profile on them than the Holeshots. The Holeshots work better everywhere else. I know this to be true because Celeste's Trailblazer got much better traction then my Holeshot shod Sport. I imagine the same will be true of the Razr 2s versus the stock Ohtsus.

tomasw1,

Here is a link that might help you out:

PA ATV Trails

Hope this is what you wanted!