Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Predator front reservoir install place

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2003, 04:05 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Predator front reservoir install place

Went to the local Polaris dealer. They wanted $204 to install the reservoirs onto the (2) front stock Fox shocks, and that's with me just giving them the shocks and the reservoirs off the bike.

Polaris install directions call out 1.5 hour install time. I even gave the install directions to the Polaris shop, so I don't get how 1.5 hours equates to over $200 bucks.

So, I called Fox Racing Shox direct. Asked them what they could do for me. They said they actually have a company they refer these jobs to, the name of the company is Carver (sp?). They are @ 1.888.349.7469

Talked to the guy who picked up the phone, asked him how much for the job above. He said $45 a shock, currently with a 3 day TAT.

Um, can we say, CHEAPER!? Plus, my Polaris dealer didn't know anything about it. I'd much rather have a Fox certified or whatever do my install.

They're getting my business in a few weeks.

Just thought I'd post this for you all,

-[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 01-23-2003, 04:33 PM
Pro Rider

I put rezzies on my Works shocks, and took them off when I was getting ready to sell the DS they were on. Each procedure involves completely taking the shock apart, connecting, or disconnectiing the appropriate hardware, refilling with fresh shock oil, then recharging with Nitrogen (or Argon) to 250 psi. It is not hard, but it is messy, and involves special tools, fittings and a bottle of gas with the right regulator.
I would say that $100 for a pair would be a fair price, including oil and gas. I think Works does it for $75 a pair, plus shipping both ways, so it works out about the same.

Old 01-23-2003, 04:38 PM
Range Rover

four: Thx for that info. Good to know there are other companies that can be competitive...... I just felt like I would have been raped if I had the shop here do it....that's why I called Fox.....

I don't have all that equip or gas around..... makes no sense for me to do it..... gotta' have someone else do it for me....just not $200. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 01-23-2003, 06:29 PM
Elite Pro Rider

Carver is the best when it comes to Fox. They normally cater to sleds, but will do anything when it comes to Fox units. Located in Thief River Falls, Mn. some really nice and knowledgable people.

Ken

Old 01-23-2003, 07:00 PM
Trailblazer

Gee and this whole time I thought you just screwed it in..

Old 01-23-2003, 07:18 PM
Range Rover

mod: Good info, thx! Glad I'm dealing with reputable people here.

Team: HaHa, that's something my dad also said. After seeing the detailed instructions, I quickly corrected him. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]