Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Pred brake light.

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2003, 06:04 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Pred brake light.

G'day guys. Is everyones tailight on all the time ? Also brake light stays on unless you literally pull up on the pedal. Any ideas ? Thanks from down under. Geoff.

Old 01-24-2003, 09:51 AM
Pro Rider

My running light is on all the time, even when the headlights are off, but not my brake light. Maybe the switch by the foot brake needs to be adjusted a little bit, see if it's activating early.

Old 01-24-2003, 10:39 AM
Range Rover

Hey ProXPredator, do you have hand warmers installed on your predator? If so tell me about them!!!

Old 01-24-2003, 10:56 AM
Pro Rider

Yes I do have hand warmers installed. I did it my self, really easy. Not sure what all you want to know, so this might be lengthy! lol I went with the inserts, not the full grips. With the full grips, at least the ones that my local dealer has, look like snowmobile grips, very smooth. I had to pull off the origional grips which can be very difficult. If you have an air compressor, it's simple as all get out. Use an air chuck, like one you would use to blow the dirt off of you. Start by blowing air between the bar and the grip, and the grip will puff up. If it's stuborn, move the air chuck all the way around the grip blowing air, it will almost come off by itself. Clean the bar with alcohol or a good cleaner. Peal the backing off the grip warmer, if it has it, some don't. I recommend getting the one that has it, goes on a lot easier. I did mine with the wires facing the bottom of the bar, so it wouldn't be in the way. Make sure you align it so it will be under the grip. Use some grip glue OVER the hand warmer pad, and push the grip back on. If it's hard to get back on, use the air again, pushing the grip on as you blow air in it. Do it quickly, because the grip glue will dry even faster while you are blowing air on it. After you have both on, the rest is easy. This is getting lengthy, if you want wiring advice, just let me know, I'll tell you more. Do I like them? I live in Wisconsin, and it hasn't been over 0 here in the last couple of weeks, with the wind chill that is, so I LOVE THEM!!!

Old 01-24-2003, 11:55 AM
Range Rover

Wow, thanks for the info ProXPredator. I was just curious about which set of grips you used? I have the exact same setup on my sportsman. I guess I will be able to use the inserts afterall.

Old 01-24-2003, 11:58 AM
Pro Rider

I have the stock grips for now, I want aftermarkets with the end caps when they come out.