Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Any issues with your new predator??

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2003 | 09:55 AM
Weekend Warrior
Default Any issues with your new predator??

I wish i had a pred. > Arizona it is 80 and sunny.

Old 02-03-2003 | 12:14 PM
Trailblazer

Went to Glamis for my second trip with this bike this last weekend.
I have rode the !@#$ out of this bike , Raced it up Olds hundred times, Ran the sand drags..... Duned approx 8-10 hours per day ( 3 days this trip ) This bike is simply the best all round duning machine Period. No problems no breaks no loose tie rod ends. I ride hard and jump often. And though I may be a tad bit biased there is flat no other bike even comes in a close second. If I had one semi-negative thing to say it would be trying to get the bike jetted just right for racing....I'm still working on that..... When I get it worked out..... Look out

Old 02-03-2003 | 01:41 PM
Range Rover

Tres: Good to hear it man!

Old 02-03-2003 | 03:56 PM
Pro Rider

Tres - where are you at on the jetting now?
Denny

Old 02-03-2003 | 04:22 PM
Trailblazer

160 main ( not enough)
WB slip on ( 6 Disc's )
K&N Air Filter
I admit I have not taken the snorkel off as I am concerned about sand getting in
You can see daylight through the K&N so I am sure it cannot handle the sand by itself.
So I have left the prefilter foam thing in place as well.
Might be worth going to the clamp on filter with the outerwears cover.....
But I am waiting to see what Gary comes up with at Superbikes.
Also considering running C-12

Old 02-03-2003 | 05:36 PM
Trailblazer

I also LOVE my Predator!! I beat the crap outta it the 1st weekend I got after the initial break-in. We went to a little area that is all sand for the whole weekend and it performed flawlessly!!

I cant wait to get a pipe and different intake setup on it.

TireFryer

Old 02-03-2003 | 07:14 PM
Pro Rider

I have noticed the last time I was riding there was some grease coming out of my bearing carrier on the sproket side dealer told me to keep an eye on it for now everything is perfectly tight though so it might just be extra greasing expanding out.

Well, since the weekend and taking another look at it I now believe the seal it toasted and the bearing is going to wear out fairly fast now. Everything is still very tight though right now.

The grease coming out is great for lubing the chain but it's getting all over my new quad and I'll be pissed if it starts flying up on me which is bound to happen.

I greased the entire quad today, the rear axle carrier took alot of grease, way more than what has ever leaked out so far and the a-arms the 4 fittings closest to the engine had very little grease also.

Does anyone else having leaking axle seals?

Old 02-03-2003 | 07:56 PM
Trailblazer

Man, I live here in Evansville where superbike is located and bought a new Scrambler from Gary.(6 months before release of predator. Big frown!)Now I have to wait to pay it off before I can buy a Pred. Gary and his guys are awesome and cool to talk to. They always have an answer, and are always willing o help. Gary swears by foam filters, wonder if he will say the same for the Predator?

Old 02-03-2003 | 08:04 PM
Trailblazer

Almost forgot. Gary has started a Predator club and forum section at his web site. Lots of info. You should check it out. WWW.KTMSUPERBIKE.COM

Old 02-03-2003 | 08:17 PM
Quad Patrol
Don't let the hp numbers fool you. Its all in how you get it to the ground. Clutching clutching clutching!

Hey trailking you should have made the trip west to Bob's he would deal with you better than those guys.

Quick Reply: Any issues with your new predator??