Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Any issues with your new predator??

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2003 | 06:15 AM
|
Range Rover
Default Any issues with your new predator??

I'm considering buying a predator and have waited to see if any bugs pop up, anything yet?? It sounds like everyone is happy with them so far..

Old 02-02-2003 | 09:18 AM
Pro Rider

The only issue I have right know, is finding good weather to ride. I studded my tires to race my brothers Z on the ice today, but it's snowing again. Other then that, the Predator has been solid. No complaints at all.

Old 02-02-2003 | 11:20 AM
Range Rover

Just a few minor things like the seat/airbox lid problem and a couple of loose hose clamps is about it! Still waitin for some decent weather to go riding again, should be able to get out this week again hopefully.

Old 02-02-2003 | 01:23 PM
|
Range Rover

Thnx guys... I really feel for you guys that are caught in the ice bowl. I went riding yesterday.. umm and last weekend too. Sorry. Good to hear that nothing has popped up but you guys need to put some miles on yours...

Old 02-02-2003 | 03:34 PM
Pro Rider

Yeah, just minor things, the chain roller is noisy at low rpms..

Right now my biggest problem is getting the rear rubber off the rims! DAMN those beads are hard to break! I tried a forklift, a bench press..nothing! Im gonna have to take em somewhere to get the tires changed tomorrow. Sucks, cause i missed all last night to ride..its raining here now, so thats kinda good..but its getting rid of all the snow! DOH!

OH yeah...finding nuetral is kinda hard at times, but i find the more i ride, the easier it is to find.

Old 02-02-2003 | 09:18 PM
Pro Rider

The only issue I have with mine is the tie rod ends. The way I hear it, the early models had faulty ones. Polaris has agreed to fix them, I just need to take the thing in. That's the only thing wrong with mine.

Old 02-02-2003 | 09:43 PM
Pro Rider

My Predator was built 11/16/02

I had my quad into the dealership last Thrusday they checked my tie rods which were OK put new hand grips on it cause the corners had worn during shipping in the crate.

I also mentioned the seat airbox touching if it becomes a problem they'll have it fixed or replaced, but I think I will just file down the hook on the seat alittle to fix the problem myself.

After properly tightening the chain the noise went away from the chain rollers.

Now that I have a few hours on it it's shifting is much smoother and neutral is easier to get into.

I have noticed the last time I was riding there was some grease coming out of my bearing carrier on the sproket side so they told me to just keep an eye on it for now everything is perfectly tight though so it might just be extra greasing expanding out.

Old 02-02-2003 | 09:45 PM
Trailblazer

Predator03,
what is the date on your predator. Also what do you mean the ends of your tie rods are bad.

Old 02-02-2003 | 09:52 PM
Pro Rider

I've never looked for the born on date. Where is it? The tie rods are loose. You can move the handlebars back and forth and there is play in them already.

Scott

Old 02-02-2003 | 10:58 PM
Pro Rider

It's a white sticker on the frame up front on the right hand side might be on the inside of frame tube by the shock.

Warranty will fix your tie rod's if you take it to your dealer. Did you make sure the bolt's are tight on the tie rod ends?

Quick Reply: Any issues with your new predator??