Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

possible issue found with my prior problem

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2003, 01:55 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default possible issue found with my prior problem

regarding a '03 Predator.....

A few weeks back I complained about not being able to ride 3rd gear plus since the quad wondered dangerously all over. The alignment seemed to be out, so we tried to adjust it per the manual, but the manual really wasn't a science when it tried to explain it right... plus, we just couldn't get it right for some reason....even using measuring points...

Anyhow, took it to the dealer here in Tucson, but they wouldn't touch it since Polaris won't warranty it, Polaris said it was a "set-up" issue. So called the dealer I bought it at in CA and they said they wouldn't do anything with it since we had tried to fix it ourselves.

Then, I also mentioned to the Tucson dealer that there seems to be a camber issue on the right side, but the left is perfectly at zero camber.

The dealer confirmed this. Called Polaris and they authorized any amount of parts/labor to remedy the issue, whether a-arms or whatnot. Dealer is now measuring the other new predators on the lot to see what they are compared to mine, to see what needs to change.

Sucks, cos I didn't cause it. Came this way.

I think at first they wanted to blame me for jumping it too hard or something, because the handlebars are a little lower on one side over the other. However, the quad is in showroom condition, so that's out of the question. And it has not been jumped but more than 2 feet off the ground since I have like 1+ hour on it so far of breaking it in.....

They knew I didn't do anything to it. Make sure if you have issues, get them cleared up before you bang or scratch up your quad.... otherwise good chance they'll blame you for being abusive.....

Sucks when abusive owners make claims when they were the ones that screwed it up. Ruins it for the honest people with legitamate mechanical issues.

Old 02-04-2003, 01:32 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default possible issue found with my prior problem

I too have recently bought a predator and rolled it twice on the ice.With studded tires and lowered suspension and all.I have been a 2 stroke banshee rider prior too this and let me tell ya...it's a whole new BREED of machine,handleing,traction,..you name it this is one machine that absolutely WILL NOT be tamed easily.very precise and touchy......SO.....i would say it is your set up..or your riding....but WHATEVER>>>
ANYWAY...ya gotta "break it in" somehow and what better way to do it than make your pet predator "ROLL OVER" ha ha that was funny,... but really you probably are a good rider but the predator WILL BITE IF MISTREATED. see ya later