Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Conformation ON THE NEW HIGH PERFORMANCE MACHINE

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2000, 08:40 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was at the dealership today (it is Snyder Motor Sports) One of the largest polaris dealerships in Wisconsin. And..........I know we have all heard rumors but My best friend was buying a new explorer and he was wheeling and dealing on it and he told the salesman that if he would tell him about the new mystery machine he would write the check out for the Explorer right now. All the salesman would say is and I quote "Twin cylinder 700 cc" that's all. He would not say when or if it was 2 stroke or 4 stroke, or anything else he said that he gave out too much info already, enough to lose his job. Sounds awesome!!

Old 04-14-2000, 08:50 PM
Pro Rider

700 Twin? That is impossible.

You couldn't even keep the front end down!

With a 400EX it pulls hard enough to keep the front end coming up!

If they do make something like this, i think a lot of people will be killed on them.

Too much power

Old 04-14-2000, 10:08 PM
Pro Rider

Hey, the 700 twin on the Sportsman 500 frame would be awesome! Love to see it, not worried about keeping the front end down. Never had the front end up on the Sportsman unless I was jumping, albeit a small jump.

Old 04-15-2000, 06:22 AM
Range Rover

If it's a 700cc Twin, it better be a 4 stroke! You couldn't hang on to a 2 stroke with 700cc's! I'd like to get one of Polaris' 800cc Twin snowmobile motors ("rumored to have 130-135 HP and close to 100 ft/lbs. of torque"!! (that is a quote from Supertrax)) and slap it into one of my quads. That thing would be a BEAST! I just hope the dealer wasn't feeding your buddy a line of bull. Later,

Old 04-15-2000, 03:07 PM
Pro Rider

I was in one of the local dealers on Thursday, and he said they where putting a 750 twin in the sportsman.

He also said that polaris had been testing a new race ready bike with a 440 snowmobile engine and a modified 250r type racing frame.

Old 04-25-2000, 03:59 PM
Trailblazer

The new bike will be out late this year or early next year.
It is a 750cc Twin 2 Stroke.
The motor is identical to the 750 twins in their PWC's
My dealer tells me it will have 85 H.P.(Which is what the PWC's have.) and it is supposed to be available in a sportsman and a scrambler type Quad.This is about all I could get out of him without using force.
This is top secret stuff so do not say anything.... Ahh Crap!! I just blew it!
Oh well,Sue me.
They also have new 50cc and 90cc mini-quads coming out this summer.
They will look like the sportsman and the scrambler. Was not able to get any particulars on these either.
Anybody have any info on these??

BTRI7

Old 04-25-2000, 04:32 PM
Pro Rider

3 weeks ago my dealer admitted to me that it was indeed a 4-stroke 700cc Utility...like the Sportsman. When I walked in I had already heard rumors and told him that I knew what was coming out. He asked me how I found out... therefore admitting it! So if he was not lying there will be a lot of happy Polaris riders and a lot of jealous "H*nda lovers".

This will be the king of all quads...

Old 04-25-2000, 04:34 PM
Pro Rider

I can't wait to see who had the right information!?

Old 04-25-2000, 04:59 PM
Pro Rider

That's funny, my office-mate at work has a brother that works for Polaris Industries right here in Minnesota. And guess what he does there?
Engine design. And guess what? Your dealers don't know what thier talking about. There are no engines of the such going into any of these quads.

Reason.....A V-Twin 4-stroke motor would cost double too build, maintain and service. Not to mention the extremely heavy weight. No way will you see it in a quad, period! Too expensive....

Two.....Half of the states in the US are planning on cracking down on emissions within the next 2 years. That means NO new two strokes. Why would a manufacture produce some new design for only one year? They wouldn't! Too expensive......

Three.....Look at all of the other manufactures out there. All new quad engines are 4-stroke.
400EX, Cannondale, Yamaha, DS650, new suzuki engine. 2-strokes are a thing of the past.

And don't get mad at me. These are the facts. I would love to see a new 2-stroke as much as the next guy. Or a V-Twin four stroke. But it's not going too happen because of emmissions and high design and building costs.
Not unless someone cracks one of these babies out of thier basement.

Chris

Old 04-25-2000, 05:11 PM
Trailblazer

Supposedly Honda has developed a 2-stroke engine that is supposed to meet the same emmissions as most four strokes.(Has some kind of exhaust valve sensor thing on it, I guess???) Supposedly they already have it in one of there dirt bikes. So, if this is true, and the technology is there, there may be the possibility of a new 2-stroke.

Heres the website:

www.motorcycle.com/mo/mchonda/exp2_tech.html

Quick Reply: Conformation ON THE NEW HIGH PERFORMANCE MACHINE