Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

RAPTOR OR PREDATOR

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2003 | 03:30 AM
Trailblazer
Default RAPTOR OR PREDATOR

RapRaider-
It makes me a little curious,.. Very Curious...... that you have been "Running with" 400+ c.c. Banshees on alcohol. I have a Banshee, Port Magic Ported, Toomeys, carbon fiber reeds, boost bottle,K&N stock air box-no lid,90 over, Cool Head w/ 17cc domes ( About 190lbs at 3800 FT.) and have not yet lost to a four stroke. (I said YET!) THis also excludes the guys that decide to put a 1100c.c.+ street bike motor in in a Lt frame and pray to every known god before the launch. Last November at Sand Mountain Nevada I ran Against a guy with a 720 Kit in a Raptor. I would get Him by ABout 2 to 2.5 bikes at the top of the run. And i do admit that if the run would have been another 150ft, I may not be able to say what i just said. ON a Good clean start i would have him by at least three bikes at the bottom of the hill and all the way up he was creepin up on me. Very Close race and i do not run alcohol. So either you have some sort of amazing freak of nature raptor, or i have some amazing freak of nature banshee!
Sorry folks dont want to start a war here about the 2 - 4 stroke thing, but after i do all the mods i plan on doing to the predator, which will be a "Proven" pipe, K&N, jet kit and air box mods, ( Maybe a cam and piston later), I would not expect the Predator , That i must say i love for all the same reasons you all do, is gonna come very close to running with my banshee. If By some Fluke or whatever, this Predator comes alive 3 fold what it think its going to, then i will happily say goodbye to the o'l mighty twin.
I have raced and beat the Raptor and cannibal - stock to stock on the predator ( same conditions).
Oh.. but the way... 2strokefever - Predator!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 02-14-2003 | 05:54 AM
Trailblazer

2StrokeFVR
For what it's worth, I saw the raptors in action when they first came out at our club rodeo, and what I saw is the same complaint I keep hearing from alot of riders. If you move to the back for traction the front end pops up if you move to the front to put weight on the front end the back end brakes loose. I have heard some owners are actually putting and extended swingarm on to try to balance the atv out. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img]

Old 02-14-2003 | 05:58 AM
Trailblazer

Here we go again that sandbox mentality has surfaced. Maybe if we ignore him he'll go away????[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img]