Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

RAPTOR OR PREDATOR

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2003 | 03:54 AM
|
Weekend Warrior
Default RAPTOR OR PREDATOR

Which is better, faster, and more powerful, if anyone has the dyno's off of them I would like you to post it. I am thinking about buying one and I just cant make up my mind. Thanks

Old 02-13-2003 | 04:14 AM
Pro Rider

Well, I hope that you posted this same thread in the Yamaha web site! It all depends on your riding style, what you want out of it, so on. The 500cc Predator has more rear wheel hp than a 660 Raptor, better a-arms, wider and stronger rear axle, braided steel brake lines, better shocks.......just to name a few. And yes, this is comin from a guy that owns a Predator. My best friend owns a Raptor, and he is going to trade his in on a Predator. Thank go for warrentys, his has been in the shop 4 times now, 2 stators, rear axle bearings, chock cable sticking in the carb, blown front shocks, starter something (clutch in the starter or a one way gear????). Bang for the buck, the Predator stands tall.

Old 02-13-2003 | 07:42 AM
Weekend Warrior

Text Check this link for good review and Dynojet's hp figures.

Old 02-13-2003 | 08:44 AM
Pro Rider

the predator is a more advanced machine than the raptor. duel overhead cams vs single with rockers, suspension is top-notch, not 'standard grade', advanced steering, awsome brakes compared to raptor, and the bike does not wear you out to ride hard like the raptor does. i speak from experience since i own both machines. the raptor will pull your arms off from idle to the midrange(this really fatigues the rider) the predator pulls strong but really shines in high rpm power. the only mods neede off the bat are much lower gears 13-38 or 39 then the slip on silencer. then the bottom end power is very close to the raptor. the top end will pull away from the raptor. if you ride in the sand then the high revs are what you want. the porer is very linear feeling.....it pulls strong to the rev limiter whereas the raptor pulls strong to the midrange then it goes flat.

but then its your choice to decide. yamaha makes a great product and so does polaris. i have no favorite manufacturer, so this is my seat of the pants comparision.

turbo bobby

Old 02-13-2003 | 08:54 AM
Pro Rider

I went to the local dealer yesterday for test riding with the intentions of getting a bigger quad preferably a raptor in the next couple weeks. What we did was get out a Z400 , Raptor and Predator. Rode the Raptor first and liked it alot, Second was the Z which I choose over the Raptor and really thought I had decided on the Z it is a nice handling very smooth quad, next we fired up the Predator and man you cant believe how much power and stable that thing is. I smiled all the way home to tell the wife I wouldn't be riding a Yamaha much longer. The Predator is for real, they really did their homework on this machine. I am going to buy the 4 year extended warranty to be safe but I dont think we will see to many problems I think they really spent time on this thing.

Old 02-13-2003 | 10:03 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Umm for the first thing you cant put a 6 inch body lift on a ford. It is impossable,no one makes a kit that big and it will look really funny. Trust me I have been off roading for 15 yrs, 8 yrs in a offroad club and owned just about every truck under the sun that is 4x4. Not to knock you or anything im just telling you it will be a long and waisted process if you are trying to go that big on a body lift. It will put so much stress on the cab and bed. You will start to get cracks and wrinkles in the body. Do it right and go with a true suspension lift and maybe a small 2-3 inch body. A 99 f150 you can put a 3 inch body lift safely and still fit 35,s. I have even seen 36,s fit if the front bumper was cut a little. Now as for the preditor, I have rode both. Both are good bikes,very quick but the handling goes to the preditor. For something that is 150 cc,s smaller but can keep up and maybe even win in stock form is awsome. You really need to drive them both to get the real feeling. Dont go by what every one says. There are tons of rappy fans and only a hand full of preditor fans at least for now. I drive a 225 hp Toyota that is mean as all hell.

Old 02-13-2003 | 10:35 PM
Weekend Warrior

If your going to keep it stock get the Preditor, if you plan on modifying it then get the Raptor. Just my 2 cents.

2001 Black Raptor FMF High-Flow Headers, FMF PowerCore IV Q Silencer, K&N Air Filter

2001 Blue Raptor CT Racing Exhaust, Pro-Design Pro-Flow Kit, K&N Jet Kit, Durablue Eliminator Axle, Wiseco 11:1 Pistion, Hotcam Stage 1, Port and Polished, Holeshot XC's all around, Trailtech Computer, and other stuff.

Old 02-13-2003 | 10:52 PM
Range Rover

In stock trim I would go w/ the Predator. One of my riding buddy has one and it is a serious quad. For a stock quad it is a cut above the rest. Would I trade my Raptor for one? No way possible!!!! If you plan on modding your quad later then the Raptor is king of the 4 strokes. My modded Raptor is way too much for nearly all 4 strokes and quite a few 2 strokes. I feel good knowing I can run w/ 400(+) Banshees on alcohol. Yes my quad is a trail quad from h@ll.

Old 02-14-2003 | 12:32 AM
Pro Rider

Here we go again.

Old 02-14-2003 | 01:09 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: kenny2
Thay all suck any polaris sucks butt I know you all No that Hondas are the best
Kenny, it's a SCHOOL NIGHT!!! Get in bed!!!!!

Judging by your post, it's obvious you are not doing well in school at all. All E's????Maybe some rest will help.

Love, MOM

Quick Reply: RAPTOR OR PREDATOR